“STAYING AT MOTEL” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of AMG Motel & Serviced Apartments

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
AMG Motel & Serviced Apartments
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Ryde
Sydney, Australia
“STAYING AT MOTEL”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have never stayed at this motel I was recommended by a work colleague.I'm here for work in the local area for the next three months for work commitments .They have me in a one bed room apartment with a balcony that basically you could stay inn for 10 years if you wished.Very clean freshly painted staff will go out of they way to help you.All you have to do is buy your food you can cook your have a refrigerator everything is here full faculties.
Many of the people are long term staying at the apartments and very friendly as well .The pricing they have me on is exceptional and I have booked for the next three months.I tried other motels in the past and this is fantastic value for money..Shops are 3 minutes walk.I do travel around NSW due to work and I would highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank tony J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed here for four nights this time and couldn't be happier. It is quiet and has all the amenities you need. Also close to the shops supermarket and a good Indian Restaurant one street away.
Nice to cook breakfast how you want when you want and no hassles about extra linen or checking out a bit later, in fact nothing was a bother to the reception folks - a family run personal bunch. Best part is the sleep - no noise and good bed. It is nice to stay somewhere you can cook and fit a few beers in the fridge and not worry about any noise - just watch TV and do what you would in your own home. Very happy

Room Tip: Budget accommodation that is fine if you want a good sleep and comfortable room in a quiet off stree...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul C
Toowoomba, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this dive on the weekend of 12 &13. Would've been more comfortable in a cardboard box.

This is the first motel room that we've had to purchase toilet spray to kill the carpet smell.

We even found where someone had bogged up a hole in the top of small fridge. There were so many things wrong about this 3rd world style dump that it's hard to know where to start.

I should've been a wake up when there were no motel markings or phone numbers on any part of the buildings or the dead cockroaches that died before they entered the rooms or the towel rails that fell off the wall but alas they have a no refund policy based on the fact that there are no staff around at all ever!

Don't stay at this motel, spend your money elsewhere.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Brent S
MANAGER969, Manager at AMG Motel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
We're sorry your stay wasn't to your satisfaction.
We were concerned by your review, so we called and spoke to the person who booked and paid for the room.
He said he was happy with what he paid for and would recommend us to others and would stay with us again. No body asked for a refund.
In regard to your comments regarding the lack of signage, we are in a quiet location, we don't rely on passing trade.
Our premises are regularly pest controlled.
We do have limited reception hours, but there are staff on site 24 hours who would have been happy to attend to any maintenance issues.
We offer discount budget 2-2/2 Star apartments, 4 people stayed on a busy week end for $119 i.e. $30 per head.

Travellers are raving about these Ryde hotels

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

From the outside not pretty however the rooms are very clean and comfortable and most of all quiet and offer a good nights sleep. Full kitchen and fridge with Microwave and stove too so self sufficient. The family that run it are very helpful and will get anything you need or ask for - even a late check was no worries at all. My room had been renovated and very clean with a very comfortable double bed. Best of all is the quiet off street location that is so close to Top Ryde Shopping centre and Homebush Stadium and some very good places to eat too. I had a very comfortable three nights and such good sleeps as it is so quiet too. On the last night I was so comfortable I slept in and when I told reception they said 'no worries take your time'. Great value and it is clean and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Paul C
Thanks for your review, we are in the process of painting and renovating all our rooms.
Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012 via mobile

For a budget traveller who is looking for somewhere to stay for a night or two AMG is completely sufficient. I stayed with my family on grand final weekend and it was surprisingly quiet - even from street noise. The location was ideal for our purpose - close to Homebush and a short, easy drive into the city.

On arrival we were upgraded to the deluxe room. Service was very good, responsive and attentive (special thanks to Matt).

Rooms, and complex generally, are very tired and due for a significant renovation, especially the carpet and electrical fittings. There were many small things that needed maintenance, appliances (including air conditioner, fridge and television) were dated but worked, and the kitchen had mismatched utensils and cookware - but functional.

Sheets were crisp and clean, beds were comfortable. Bathroom was functional and hot water was fine.

Free, off-street parking. Short walk to good choice of restaurants.

Considering the other reviews you just have to temper your expectations. Since it's not purporting to be 5-star luxury it's completely sufficient for a short stay on a budget.

• Stayed September 2012
5 Thank johnny3_16
Nerang, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

this hotel was not very nice the front door did not lock the blankets had huge stains on them , the air cons had dust on the so thick that you thought it was black we wrote a hand written complaint and received nothing we paid 109 a night i have stayed in cheaper accomodation and it has been better we also had kids with us and we were in a deluxe room i would hate to see the stanard room we had a guest ask us how our accomodation was and they were putting in a complaint as well would not recomend this hotel to any one

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank pebbles62
NSW
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

this place is not what you expect, especially from the reviews on this site. in my experience the rooms are old, very old, but maintained. i have stayed in a couple different rooms, some which are obviously renovated and others that werent very appealing. i told the staff i wasnt happy with my "less appealing" room and was moved the next day as they were booked out. when i got back from work they had already moved my belongings across to the new room for me.

I strongly advise to ask to inspect the room before checking in. if its not to your standards ask to see a renovated room.

majority of rooms have cooking equipment (oven,stove,grill) with all equipment supplied for $89 per night for a week stay. i have not been able to find another place to compete with that price for whats included

i have stayed at this place many times, by myself and with family. I have already posted a comment to this page but had it deleted. I have also been watching and noticed that any comment that doesnt drag the hotel across the coals is deleted days after it was posted. I beleive an ex staff member is responsible as when i made my last review i was contacted over this website with an abusive message from a shellyT488, claiming that i was a employee of the motel. and i also know that this person was the manager of the motel from when i stayed last year in december. also if you look at other review websites (i.e google) you will see not all experiences are bad. i cannot stress enough to inspect your room before check in if you are unsure about staying at this place

Room Tip: INSPECT YOUR ROOM BEFORE CHECK IN!!!1!!!! also check google reviews, there are more reviews there to...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank FreqTraveller5548
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ryde
Comfort Inn West Ryde
Meriton Serviced Apartments North Ryde
Quest North Ryde
Quest North Ryde
#3 of 6 in North Ryde
Travelodge Hotel Macquarie North Ryde
Medina Serviced Apartments North Ryde
Ibis Budget Sydney Olympic Park Hotel
Ibis Budget Sydney Olympic Park ...
#4 of 4 in Sydney Olympic Park

Been to AMG Motel & Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!