“Lovely Stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in St Leonards
Knutsford, United Kingdom
“Lovely Stay”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We initially booked to stay at Urban St Leonard's for 5 nights and due to the comfort, cleanliness and friendly staff we booked to stay an extra 2 nights.
The room was facing the Pacific Highway but noise was minimal, walking distance to the train station is about 10-15 mins where there is also a number of cafe's, a Coles supermarket and banks on route
In the event we returned to Sydney, Urban St Leonard's would be our first choice

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emma M
Hotel U, General Manager at Hotel Urban St Leonards, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Hi Emma M,

We're so proud to be your first choice next time you visit Sydney – thank you!

Our number one priority is to make our guests as comfortable and happy as possible, so it's lovely to see you stayed an extra two nights as a result of your experience at our hotel.

I really appreciate you taking the time to leave such positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you next time.

Amanda Cottome

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Aalborg, Denmark
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here due to the location and price. Rooms are a good size although the bathroom is small it does the job.
Breakfast is reasonable from the cafe.
Staff were nice and prompt.
I stayed on the road side. It wasn't noisy really at all.

Towels were changed everyday which is a bit of a waste as I had hung it up prepared to use it again.

Mini bar is an okay price not too high.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hotel U, General Manager at Hotel Urban St Leonards, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Hi Amelia S,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel.

It's great to hear you tried the breakfast at Sure Cafe and had some Little Fridge treats in the peace and quiet of your room.

We hope to see you at our hotel again one day!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel over the weekend for two nights and I found it really good value for money. The rooms are reasonably sized, the bathroom is a bit small but it serves the purpose. Staff are prompt and courteous. I had parking included in the price and it was available in the underground garage when I arrived. I advised staff that there was a broken bottle in the garage and they cleaned it up straight away and thanked me for telling them.

What I found very appealing is that I had slippers in the room that say SLOW DOWN and I thought this was a really good way of reminding the hotel guests to chillax.

Coffee and food are good in the hotel restaurant and even though this hotel is on the Pacific Highway, the setting is nice and nature like (mind you, you still hear the cars).

St Leondards train station is about 10 minutes walk from the hotel and so is Coles, restaurants, and coffee shops.

All in all, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room, ask for one that is not facing the Pacific Highway.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Happy M
Hi Happy M,

What a lovely review!

Reading over your comments about staff, food, location, room and all the Urban perks (we love those slippers too!)… It sounds like we ticked quite a few boxes with you which is so nice for us. I'll make sure I pass your comments on to the various departments who contributed to making your stay so enjoyable.

Look forward to welcoming you again!

Australia
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

When I first arrived the hotel for check in.. The receptionist was on the phone and waited for a while before I can actually check in.. During the whole check in process ( including the waiting time while receptionist was on the phone ) there was no eye contact from the receptionist .. Perhaps the receptionist was busy at that time but then that was not a good first impression of the hotel. I got assigned a room in a ground floor. The room with bad mobile reception ⋯phone always has no signals in the room .. Which is kinda disappointed because I can not even make a proper phone call in my room.. However the bed is really comfortable .. I had a good sleep. In genera the room is clean as well.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Hi FlozZil,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

I’m disappointed to hear that you didn’t receive an acknowledgment from our Receptionist whilst you were waiting – this is customer service 101! I will be sure to brief the team to ensure that it doesn’t happen again.

Apologies about your lack of phone Reception too. I’d be interested to know what carrier you are using as there seems to be a bit of a drop out zone in this area for certain carriers. If you could send me an email at stay@hotelurbanstleonards.com.au I would be grateful.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your sleep in a comfy Urban Snorer bed in a nice clean room – thanks again for your comments!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

stayed for a course that was associated with the hospital so the location was perfect. very close to the train station and many places to eat s well as a coles for cheap odds and ends and fruit. The room was resonably sized and clean the bed was very comfortable and despite being on the main road and in a room facing the main road there was nom problems with traffic noise
The gym was adequate and clean
I only ate breakfast at the restaurant however whilst simple the quality was good and the price reasonable
The staff were helpful and they promptly brought up robes as they were not present in the room on arrival
The parking under the hotel was secure and handy and we were able to leave the car after checkout

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gerard S
Hotel U, General Manager at Hotel Urban St Leonards, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Hi Gerard S,

Thanks for your nice review!

It sounds like you enjoyed quite a few of our Urban perks, which is always lovely feedback for us. We definitely agree with you about our location and I'm pleased to hear our lovely staff quickly brought some Tie Me Up Tightly robes for you wrap yourselves into during your stay.
We look forward to seeing you again at our hotel.

Kakadu National Park, Australia
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This hotel has potential but is very tired, it obviously has had mini "facelifts" but the rooms just didn't have that co-ordinated feel. Didn't try any of the food & beverage outlets, but I did think it was a bit off putting when a member of the housekeeping staff got into a lift fulled with guests and started grooming his hair in the mirror.
There are no "service" lifts so most of the time you are sharing the lift with either the mini bar, housekeepers or any other member of staff.
The quirkness of this hotel is wearing off and it needs a revamp.....

Room Tip: If you boook a room try not to get a west facing room as they are like an oven when you get back in...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Vanessa T
Dear Tsosti,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We don't often receive comments about our rooms looking tired, so I will look into which room you stayed in as it sounds like some maintenance is required. I also take it from your review that a bit too much maintenance was going on with that staff member and his hairdo! We do love to look as good as we can for our guests, but agree this is something that should happen out of sight and I will have a chat to the team.

What a shame you didn't get a chance to try Sure Café! We get great comments on the tasty fare served in the café, along with the meals served in rooms.

Thanks again for your honest comments and we hope we have the chance to welcome you at our hotel again.

Newcastle
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This was our second stay at the Urban as our daughter required two operations at Royal North Shore Private. The hospital is only a five minute walk from the hotel. We parked our car at the hotel and just walked every where.
The room is just your average hotel room but the bed was very comfortable. We had a room on the third floor overlooking the Pacific Highway but the traffic noise did not disturb us. We had breakfast one morning in the cafe and the service was efficient and the food very nice. My husband got several take away coffees and said it was the best in the area.
Fortunately my daughter was discharged a day earlier than expected and even though we did not give the hotel 24 hours notice, they did not charge us for the extra day which was very much appreciated.
If you need accommodation near the Royal North Shore hospitals, I would highly recommend the Urban Hotel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank dajsNewcastle
Hotel U, General Manager at Hotel Urban St Leonards, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Hi dajsNewcastle,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Even if we do say so ourselves, we think our Urban Snorer beds are pretty amazing! It's great to hear your husband took advantage of the delicious coffee from Sure Café and that you both enjoyed your breakfast along with the service.

We look forward to welcoming you at our hotel again next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St Leonards
#4 of 9 in North Sydney
Comfort Inn North Shore
Comfort Inn North Shore
#1 of 2 in Lane Cove

Been to Hotel Urban St Leonards? Share your experiences!