“Finally get to Hang Glide”

South Cumberland Recreation Area
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Monteagle
More attraction details
Owner description: Miles of trails and scenic areas.
Biloxi, Mississippi
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Finally get to Hang Glide”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

In the center of Sequatchie Valley, a 65-mile long valley in the Cumberland Plateau region of the Appalachian Mountains is “Hang Gliding Capital of the East” Dunlap TN we went to a place called the” Club House” were the Tennessee Tree Toppers hang out , very welcoming to new comers a hang gliding community of pilots and friends, not really a business setting but these guys love their sport whether it be Hang Gliding or Paragliding this is their passion and their place. We meet our Instructor their and got all our gear together went to the ramp and did what they call a foot launch off, awesome we are soaring , instructor lets me make a few left and right turns then prepares me for making the landing, To land the hang glider, you have to stall it. As I approached the ground, I pushed the control bar as far out as I could. This tips the glider nose up, slowed the glider down and eventually stalls it to landing. I am glad I finally did it, was an awesome experience “get off the path” this place is Adventure Bums Approved

“For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.”
Leonardo da Vinci

If you need more helpful information please feel free to message us

Visited November 2013
2 Thank adventurebums

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Nice place”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This park had a few short, but moderate hikes to 2 nice trail ends that we took. There were more trails to hike, but the kids could only tolerate these 2 being they were both around a mile each. One of the trails ended at some rapids along the river that the kids could get in and play around in. The next trail end ended at a gorgeous waterfall; however, that trail has some strenuous parts if you bring the kiddos along. The whole park is spread out all over the plateau but there are trails and waterfalls everywhere. We intend to go back again this summer.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Jacquie-David
Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Parks”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

When I first moved this area this is one place I really enjoyed taking my family. My kids are grown now and still going to visit Foster Falls. We have used the facilities in Monteagle many times for family functions, church functions and many other group functions. All great!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Ken S
Monteagle, TN
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Best State Park in Tennessee”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The South Cumberland Recreation Area attracts devotees from all across the country because of its diversity of activities. There are streams, waterfalls, wooded hikes, bluff hikes and canyon hikes in addition to superior camping facilities

Visited August 2013
1 Thank JlharTen
Tennessee
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“So much to do here!”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

There is really so much to do here! Trails, caves, waterfalls, coke ovens, forests, swimming, boating, camping, swimming, and a ton of local history. This park encompasses several counties and everything is within about 30 minutes each other. Stay in Monteagle and and make a weekend of it!

Visited July 2013