“Great Lunch Spot!”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
“Great Lunch Spot!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We recently spent a weekend in Monteagle. On our way out of town, we were looking for a casual - but yummy - lunch spot and this place hit the mark! I got a steak Caesar wrap and my husband got the crispy chicken wrap and both were delicious. They also had a great Sunday brunch menu, but we were in the mood for lunch. We sat in the tap room which had a casual, but festive vibe. We recommend this one!

“Go for a drink. Not the food”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Ordered the artichoke spinach dip appetizer; but the chips were stale and the dip tasted like velveeta. The flank steak with mashed potatoes was good and very big portions. The gravy was very rich. But was $18 with no bread or salad was overpriced. My husband did not care for the ribs. This restaurant has an identity crisis. Not sure if it's a BBQ place or a fancy restaurant. Does neither very well.

2 Thank Recfowler
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Saved the day!”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Got caught in traffic in Nashville AGAIN. Evening shot. So were looking for something other than fast food close I-24 and up popped Monteagle with several options with good reviews so were de-sided to look. Dave's was the first place we came too. What a day saver. I got the special Mahi with pesto lobster sauce and my husband got the Salmon. Perfect! good value, interesting interior. Looks like we might plan a day trip that includes Dave's when they have live music.
Our waiter Aaron sure makes a mean Margarita.

• Visited March 2014
Monteagle, TN
“Grilled flank steak/Duck Gumbo”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This was a very special treat for lunch. A fabulous marinated grilled flank steak and duck gumbo for lunch. We love this place, great service and the best food around - Thank you Dave!

• Visited March 2014
South Pittsburg, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and fun”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Love this place! I've never been disappointed with the food. Great beer selection to boot! I try something new everytime I go. Entertainment in the Tap Room some nights is also a plus. My only wish would be that they were open later on the weekends.

• Visited February 2014

Been to Dave's Modern Tavern? Share your experiences!