“Excellent experience!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Chose this restaurant for a birthday dinner.... not crowded as it was middle of the week and it was excellent. We had oysters for appetizers and they were great, drinks were awesome, and the dinner was quickly served and delicious! Two thumbs up!

There are newer reviews for Dave's Modern Tavern

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Last meal for our group at lunch today. Found this place (via TripAdvisor) and sat outside on their covered back deck. Good service and quality food. Only menu item I'd caution on is the salmon BLT due to the very small portion of salmon. The BBQ is great! Fried Green tomato appetizer was also good. French fries were great too...shared with someone else at the table...I had side veggies instead of chips/fries and they were also very good.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We recently spent a weekend in Monteagle. On our way out of town, we were looking for a casual - but yummy - lunch spot and this place hit the mark! I got a steak Caesar wrap and my husband got the crispy chicken wrap and both were delicious. They also had a great Sunday brunch menu, but we were in the mood for lunch. We sat in the tap room which had a casual, but festive vibe. We recommend this one!

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Ordered the artichoke spinach dip appetizer; but the chips were stale and the dip tasted like velveeta. The flank steak with mashed potatoes was good and very big portions. The gravy was very rich. But was $18 with no bread or salad was overpriced. My husband did not care for the ribs. This restaurant has an identity crisis. Not sure if it's a BBQ place or a fancy restaurant. Does neither very well.

2  Thank Recfowler
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Got caught in traffic in Nashville AGAIN. Evening shot. So were looking for something other than fast food close I-24 and up popped Monteagle with several options with good reviews so were de-sided to look. Dave's was the first place we came too. What a day saver. I got the special Mahi with pesto lobster sauce and my husband got the Salmon. Perfect! good value, interesting interior. Looks like we might plan a day trip that includes Dave's when they have live music.
Our waiter Aaron sure makes a mean Margarita.