“Good "No Frills" Property”

Super 8 - Monteagle TN
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Monteagle
Monteagle
“Good "No Frills" Property”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed here during the Trails and Trilliums weekend. Can't beat the location ... not even 5 minutes from the Monteagle Sunday School Assembly. Overall a good place to stay if you're looking for just a basic motel. This place isn't fancy, but I didn't expect it to be. It had a clean bathroom (with a hair dryer) and bed and a TV. (Not much in the way of cable channels, though.) My only real problem with the property was the noise ... because the rooms overlook the parking lot I heard every chirp/horn noise of the car alarms being set or deactivated. Not a problem in the evening but they woke me up in "the wee hours" (5 a.m. and later) as people looked to get on the road early. I'm not an early riser (and I didn't have to be at my local destination until 10 a.m.) so this was annoying since I wanted to "sleep in." It was still fairly cool at night so I didn't turn on the A/C in the room, so I can't say if this would have muffled the noise from the parking lot or not. I didn't partake of the continental breakfast. I wanted something with more protein, so I went to McDonald's which was also just a couple minutes up the road. If I come to next year's Trails and Trilliums weekend I'll stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Minocqua
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I'm not sure why they have such great reviews. Yes, the rooms are updated, but the walls are paper thin, I could hear the couple arguing in the room next to us. The grounds were dirty and run down looking. My husband went in the morning to the lobby and when he came back he told me that he had to jump over a broken stair to get to the 2nd floor and spilled half his coffee. It appears as though they've filled in the pool with gravel and it just wasn't up to par to other Super 8 hotels we've stayed in and I think the price was high for what you get. I wish we would have driven a little further up the road to stay. They do charge extra to stay on the second floor, which is fine, but then fix the stairs!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Cleveland, Georgia
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I was somewhat apprehensive about staying here at first. The property looks old, but the ladies working at the front desk were very friendly, making sure to give me a room in the courtyard area, insisting that it was nice and quiet there. They were correct. I never heard a whisper from the Interstate while in my room.

As I parked my vehicle, I noted the fresh looking paint on the outside of the building, which was a nice touch. I inferred from this that the Owners care about their property and the image that they project to customers.

I was absolutely "wowed" when I opened the door to my room. It was clean and everything appeared to be new. Being curious, I even checked behind the bed for the usual filth that I find in motels (sometimes, I'm scared to look). I saw nothing. It was clean there as well.

The bed was comfortable. The tv was a newer lcd screen model. There was an easy chair with an ottoman so I could relax and unwind.

Aside from being clean and uncomfortable, the motel was nice and quiet. No traffic noise, drunken construction workers, prostitutes, or gang bangers. I will definitely return to this motel the next time that I am in the area. The property may be older, but it is managed/owned by people who are hospitality professionals. They made me feel welcome and at home. Definitely worth an outstanding rating.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monteagle
The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kimball
Best Western Inn
Best Western Inn
#1 of 1 in Winchester

Been to Super 8 - Monteagle TN? Share your experiences!