“Smoky Mountain Barbeque”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Waterford, Wisconsin, United States
“Smoky Mountain Barbeque”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stumbled across this tiny gem on my way to Atlanta, Ga... I had planned on lunch in Chatanooga, but decided I needed some fuel for my truck. Glad I did because I happened upon this tiny gem high up in the mountains just outside of Chatanooga, Tennessee. Just walked right in and felt right at home immediately. Classic and Vintage music posters and eclectic tee shirts on the wall. Humble looks, but I could sense something special... I told the very friendly waitress that I was hungry and thirsty and said that I was leaning toward pulled pork. She recommended the "Trucker's Special" which was a large pulled pork sandwich, one side and Sweet Tea. I opted for the baked potatoe with butter and sour cream but could have had Mac and Cheese, baked beans, potato salad, fried Okra and a bunch more.

My lunch was incredibly satisfying and for around $6 a great bargain... I would stop here again and hope to very soon...

Thanks for a very memorable lunch and for the great hospitality... Tichiganblues

• Visited January 2014

Danville, Arkansas
“Really neat place.”
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

If you are near enough to get a whiff you have to go in. Really unique decor. Great food. Friendly staff.

• Visited December 2013
“Truly authentic BBQ restaurant. You can't help but want to go inside this place.”
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

I found the Smoking Bs BBQ next to the Hess truck stop in Monteagle TN. Take exit 134 off of I-24 and it's right beside the truck stop. There's nothing contrived about this place, if you want authentic Tennessee hills cuisine this is the place. Inside looks as rustic as outside. The dining room is small with several tables for sit down dining. On one side is a counter for individuals. Hanging from the walls are mounted deer and other animals. It has the real feel of a country cabin. The menu is simple with pork and chicken BBQ and BBQ sandwiches. Several sides are offered, including fries, baked potatoes, beans etc. The food is served on a paper plate with plastic utensils. It comes out hot and ready to eat. It kind of reminded me of eating at a picnic. All and all this place is great. It's one of a kind and well worth the 10 bucks spent for dinner.

• Visited August 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty and easy access”
Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

We ordered the trucker special. I had potato salad and brisket salad. It was tasty. The potato salad was an interesting combination of bacon cheese and maybe sour cream. It was good.

• Visited April 2013
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
“Good local BBQ”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I have been going to Smokin' B's since we moved up here...which is 4 years ago...from South Florida. We happen to be very good friends with the owners and i even worked here for a few months. "Smokin B" smokes his pork, bbq and chicken every day. I read another review, where the person stated that they had ordered a bbq sandwich and they "thought" it was beef...not pork. I have to tell you, that is completely UN-true! The pork butt is pulled off the smoker and then sliced for BBQ sandwiches and BBQ plates. It is NOT beef. He only uses pork and pork ribs. Currently, they are testing a beef brisket...but this is brand new. He's never had brisket on the menu before. All in all, the bbq, straight off the smoker is delicious. The prices are very reasonable. The owners are super friendly. Having said that, the wait staff is terrible. They really are not super friendly or outgoing. I believe if they addressed this issue, they would bring a larger crowd. The best time to visit is between noon and 3pm, when you can smell the smoker going and meet the owners.

• Visited December 2012