“Solid Truck Stop Fare”

Cuisines: American
Marco Island, Florida
“Solid Truck Stop Fare”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

En route from Atlanta to Kansas so I stopped here for breakfast on Saturday Morning. I selected the location based on Trip Advisor. I was not disappointed but I confess that I did have a slightly higher expectation of what I'd find.

I ordered the special that included two eggs, bacon, biscuit & gravy, home fries and pancakes. I like eggs basted but Sunny-side up is what I got. Waitress never heard of basted eggs. Bacon and eggs were standard truck stop fare--good and hearty. The home fries were better than average and the pancakes were below average--lacked flavor and seemed to have too much baking soda.

I left with a full belly and didn't need any more fuel until I got to Kansas. This was Easter Weekend so there was only one other table of customers when I happened to be there. Good folks and good food--a solid Tennessee establishment. Very thankful!

I will stop by on my way back! I look forward to it.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Marco_Island_Canuck

Chicago, Illinois
“DELICIOUS food and friendly service!”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We had a lunch in the Rocky Top Restaurant on Sunday - it was a buffet (ham, coleslaw, mashed potato, corn, etc.). Definitely home cooked and delicious food! Friendly service! At a very affordable price!

• Visited December 2013
Tracy City, Tennessee
“Not at all what I expected.”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I expected this family style restaurant to offer good sized portions of home cooked food. Judge for yourself. Seemed that for the most part the food was from a can.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank VONNAKAYE
Decatur, Georgia
“VERY Casual but Tasty Family-Style”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

This is extremely casual--folks were watching Wheel of Fortune while we were there. It's next to a truck stop, so some of the clientele may have been drivers. But it was good home-cooking, what our traveling family wanted that night. You get whatever is on the menu for that particular day--always fried chicken and then another entree, vegetables, biscuits/rolls, a cobbler dessert. However, this place is only a month old, so be prepared that it could evolve. We particularly liked the chicken, beans, cheesy biscuits, country fried steak, and vanilla ice cream. The creamy white potatoes are a classic we hadn't had in years. This is for folks who want this kind of good plain, classic, almost stereotyped Southern family style cooking, with friendly service, not for someone looking for lattes, gazpacho, or creme brulee.

• Visited April 2013

Been to Rocky Top Restaurant? Share your experiences!