My son and I stayed at the Inn for one weeknight in April while on a "vacation" visiting prospective colleges. Although not every school we saw was ideal, the Monteagle Inn did not disappoint! We arrived late on a Tuesday evening, and had contacted the proprietors to let them know we were running late. They typically close up shop at 8, and so left us our key, complete instructions, and a friendly welcome (including Lindt truffles in our room!). We really had no check-in process; our reservation had been taken over the phone some time ago. We took advantage of a AAA discount that they offer. As we settled in, we found our room to be delightful. Since this is used as a retreat center, our room was not extravagantly appointed, but it had that lovely level of comfort where everything is "just right". The bathroom in our suite was large and immaculately clean, and even my teenage son noticed and commented on how soft and luxurious the sheets on our beds were. The Monteagle area seems very quiet at night, and it was easy to get a restful night's sleep. The next morning I had some work to do online, and opted to use the computer (and printer) in one of the large Gathering Spaces on the first floor. Internet service was quick, and Lee (one of the owners) was very helpful in directing me to the desk, etc. Afterwards, we were led to the breakfast area. Breakfast was served in a nicely decorated and sunny room, with an array of baked goods, and a nice fruit presentation available immediately. A made-to-order hot breakfast was also part of our fare: we had praline french toast, eggs, bacon, and home fried potatoes. Delicious, and particularly well-prepared and presented. I should also mention that the Inn's coffee was unusually good. After breakfast, we enjoyed the artwork hanging throughout the downstairs of the property, and then left for our visit to Sewanee (The University of the South). Though we were not in Monteagle long enough to take advantage of any local attractions, we found our night at the In to be a restful and rejuvenating treat as part of a rather tiring week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monteagle Inn & Retreat Center provides the perfect escape you need. Relax and discover the peace you had nearly forgotten. Surround yourself in our luxury and hospitality. Mediterranean atmosphere, paintings & colors envelope you. Sit in a rocker on the front porch with a hot cup of specialty coffee or a glass of wine or maybe relax in one of our restful hammocks. Expansive flower, herb and vegetable gardens beckon you to wander and enjoy the kaleidoscope of colors and fragrances. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Monteagle Inn & Retreat Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monteagle Inn And Retreat Center
- Monteagle Inn & Retreat Hotel Monteagle