“The Monteagle Inn is WONDERFUL!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Monteagle
Monteagle Inn & Retreat Center
Ranked #1 of 3 Monteagle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 January 2009

Absolutely everything about the Monteagle Inn is perfect. Jim Harmon and his entire staff go out of their way to make sure guests are well rested, well fed, and welcomed like family coming home for the holidays!

• Stayed: December 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 22 September 2008

What a wonderful experience! The Inn is spectacular and the staff really makes you feel at home. Lots of places to to read, either inside in the spacious living room or outside on the front porch. There is plenty of room for privacy even when you are sharing the porch with other guest.

Breakfast is really a treat. The staff is very knowledgeable about the surrounding area. Recommended great restaurants and places to hike.

The rooms are immaculate. Wonderful linens. Very cozy.

I will definitely be back, soon.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 25 February 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Monteagle Inn, as our first getaway since having a baby last year. Although we arrived prior to check-in, the staff was very accommodating and gave us a personal tour and showed us to our room. The room was well furnished, classically decorated, and impeccably clean. The bed was very plush, and our room had a small balcony that would have been great, had the weather cooperated.

Instead of venturing out for dinner we decided to stay at the Inn for a French Wine Dinner. By the time the second course hit the table, we knew we had made the right decision. Each course was fabulous and paired nicely with all of the great wine selections that our host had made. The chef does a nice job utilizing lots of fresh & dried herbs picked from the garden on the property in all the cooking. We were equally impressed by our breakfast the following morning.

The common area featured 4 separate sitting areas with big comfy couches, a great spot for enjoying each other’s company or chatting with other guests. The inn also has a nice little courtyard, and a large front porch that I am certain draws guests outside when the weather is nice. Overall we were very pleased with our stay and are thinking of coming back in the fall or next spring. If you are looking for stuff to do around town like shopping or sightseeing, Monteagle leaves much to be desired. However if you are looking for a place to get away from life and go at your own pace, this is the spot.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Monteagle Inn on July 3 and 4, 2007 in Suite # 4. The room was small but very nice. The only thing lacking was a comfortable chair. The beds were great. When we arrived there were cookies and lemonade in the guest pantry. The common areas were very comfortable with lots of sofas and chairs. Plenty of books and magazines too. Breakfast was delicious.. The staff was very friendly. Lovely gardens as well. We will be back

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
Lexington, KY
Reviewed 11 April 2006

My husband and I visited for our anniversary for the second time to the Monteagle Inn. We agree that our visit was even more enjoyable and relaxing than the one before. The Inn's owner and staff were so warm and inviting; I felt like I had returned home after an extended trip. The common areas and guestrooms are beautifully decorated and sent us back to our travels in Europe. I wish that we could have spend at least two more nights, there were just too many things to see and do in Sewanee/Montealge. Monteagle Inn will be our location for many stays to come. Thank you so much for helping make our visit to the mountains a truly wonderful experience.

• Stayed: March 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Abingdon, Va
Reviewed 9 April 2006

I am pleased to say that I have found a getaway that I will continue to return to time and time again. I could not have asked for a more relaxing stay. This town has so much to offer and it was all easy to find thanks to the great helpful staff at the Monteagle Inn. If you haven't made it to Monteagle or Sewanne, I suggest you do so. The decor of the inn is amazing, I am impressed at the amount of work the Harmons have put in to the place along with the staff it looks great. Two thumbs up.

• Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 1 October 2002

What a wonderful and comfortable place to stay and relax. We extended our 2 night stay to 4. This has to be the most comfortably ellegant place we have stayed in in years. Very upscale without all of the fuss. The breakfast was unbeleavablely delicious and different each morning. I thought that I was in New Orleans or Napa Valley. The Harmons and their staff could not be more gracious. I can see why they bought the Inn. We were amazed at all of the things to do in the Monteagle and Sewanee area and the wonderful places to eat. Go now!
JJ- Charlotte

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monteagle
The Smoke House Lodge & Cabins
#1 of 6 in Monteagle
Mountain Inn
Mountain Inn
#4 of 6 in Monteagle

Been to Monteagle Inn & Retreat Center? Share your experiences!