“Delicious” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 16 Restaurants in Aireys Inlet
Price range: US$33 - US$33
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Best lamb I can remember eating. Amazing goats curd tart for dessert. Would recommend visiting when travelling the Great Ocean Road.

Visited April 2014

Surrey U.K.
“a comprehensive menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

The food was very good and you could eat outdoors or inside.
Rather on the pricey side, but worth it and made a refreshing change from normal fare in this location

Visited February 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“A great restaurant on the Great Ocean Road”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

So you are making the trip along the Great Ocean Road, which is one of the most spectacular stretches of road in the world. However, where to eat? Anglesea has nothing worth mentioning, Lorne is overpriced and the food is barely passable, so what about A la Grecque? The owner of this establishment has been a food icon in this area for years in fact he had Costas restaurant in Lorne for many years but then moved to Aireys Inlet and created a little oasis. We regularly dine here and we just love the food, it is unpretentious but so tasty and well prepared, the staff have always been great. Admittedly service can be slow as you are never sure how many will be come for dinner. We had the seared duck breast and the spatchock both of which were delicious. Hey what can I say, make the effort and be rewarded.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank paulcardio
“Kosta del Soul”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

I am biased, I know Aireys well and I live overseas, but this is still a gem of a restaurant. The menu has been refreshed and it alway surprises. The boureks were great; the steaks, salads are also worth having; the desserts were elegant, without being over the top. The service is always great as is the bonhomie from Kosta and Co.

Still great.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank chingsoiwan
“Good but not special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

There has been quite a bit of hype around a la Grecque and for me the experience didn't match the reviews. Yes, the food here is good but was it special - no.

Maybe if we ordered more 'greek' style dishes we would have had a different experience.
We started with brains - which were really good. While I am not usually a big fan of this dish (my wife is) I really enjoyed a la Grecque's version. For main we had Barramundi and Spatchcock - both done well but not special in any way. For desert I had the Pistachio Torte and somewhat disappointingly what this dish lacked was much pistachio!

The service was quite pushy. As soon as we sat down and without first being offered a wine list we were asked if we wanted to order a drink. When we had menus the waiter came kept coming back to ask us to order. It was like he had an appointment to make and we were holding him up.
So, maybe they had something going on in the kitchen, maybe they wanted to get us through to balance the load, who knows. I do know that there weren't any big groups in that night.

Overall our experience was average. The food was good but not special and the service was pushy. Perhaps the most telling factor is that next time I go to that part of the coast I am unlikely to dine at a la Grecque.

• Visited February 2014