“Great Ocean Road Beach Walk”

Surf Coast Walks - Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 8 Tours in Anglesea
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover glorious golden beaches,a basking seal,crashing ocean waves, rock pool sea stars or a breaching whale. There is always something to spot! Or a stunning waterfall in the rainforest. Spot a koala or kookaburra! Feel your senses excited by this beautiful place. Come walking near Torquay, Bell's Beach and Lorne on sections of the Surf Coast Walk. Comfortable walking at its best! Yummy gourmet food and coffee, carry just a day pack and all transport and safety are organised for you. We'll guide you safely on our established tours –half day, full-day or multi-day hikes.
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I was really excited to be able to find someone to help my friend and l to take the trek to Lorne via the beach and pleased to say we both finished it. Many thanks to you. It couldn't have been a better day with the weather playing a big part. Many interesting things were pointed out along the way, eg. Buckles Cave and a fine fat seal. Would recommend this rock hopping walk to anyone and would be keen to do another with you at sometime. Included a couple of photos, seal and cave. Once again many thanks to you.

3  Thank Sue S
Regina G, Owner at Surf Coast Walks - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

So glad you enjoyed this walk. Thanks for the great review! This is fast becoming one of our really great walks as it takes you on an untracked journey along the beach, over boulders, around rocky crags, past huge caverns, all the while feeling the surging Southern Ocean beside you. You never know what you may encounter! It's definitely a low tide only walk, so it's important to have that expertise regarding walking conditions. It's a 10km walk which includes great food and coffee, an expert guide and all transport arrangements.

All reviews
"scenery"
"point"

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Surf Coast Walks. http://www.surfcoastwalks.com.au/

I would like to thank Surf Coast Walks for taking my friend and I (Sue & Susan!) for the walk from Aireys Inlet to Lorne via the beach. It was great day, weather perfect and your lovely morning tea made it very special. Your commentary was great, you seem to know a great deal about the Great Ocean Road. I did wonder what you thought when asked to take two ladies in their middle sixties around the rocks to Lorne but we managed and enjoyed it very much and had a great day, even sighting a seal. I will certainly be in touch to see what else you have in store as far as walking is concerned.

Once again thanks for the great day it was thoroughly enjoyable and I am glad I did the walk.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Camera in hand we begin a guided photographic walk in the beautiful Otway Range in Lorne. Rebecca snaps a fern leaf whilst the morning sun is filtered through the large gums. Each of us try to emulate this photo that certainly has the ‘wow’ factor. Colour, aperture, focus mode: great advice is shared between the small group of photographers. We look for koalas and exquisite shots on the Blanket Leaf Walk, crossing the creek, listening for the yellow breasted robins. In the gully we spy yellow fungi and hear the frogs croak. A gourmet lunch is prepared for us and we enjoy the autumnal sunshine. Our photographer guide, Rebecca leads us to the coast at Aireys Inlet and here we take in the magnificence of these grand vistas of ocean and rocky cliff faces and the minutiae of tidal rock pools studded with tiny mussel shells and more exquisite photographic opportunities.
I thoroughly enjoyed my day. Perhaps you too can take a moment to observe nature closely with this team at Surf Coast Walks.

3  Thank MelbourneAcqua

Thanks for the review and glad you enjoyed learning more about photography whilst exploring this beautiful coast. Rebecca is certainly a talented photographer and teacher. She is a renowned local artist - photographer and enjoys exploring new places to photograph. This day is less about distance walking and more about finding great photographic moments. Bring your camera and a sense of adventure. We provide the transport, scrummy food, and safety back up.

Reviewed 4 December 2011

Peter(43)

Really recommend this walk. We did the walk from Urquhart’s Bluff at Aireys Inlet along a stunning bit of coast to Eastern View. Even though I was a bit rusty, the walk was ok –not too hard. Because it was low tide we walked along the rock platform and poked around the rock pools –saw some anemones! Incredible how the rocks are formed and the fossils. There’s even an old volcano under the sea. Rebecca, the guide was really good and Surf Coast Walks organised everything –heaps of great food, all the safety stuff and the transport shuttles. I probably wouldn’t of known how the tides worked so that was good. There was one bit where we had to go around the point on the track as the tide was too high there –good to know! Probably would be good to have a continuous track along one section, but we sorted that. Great walk!

Regina G, Manager at Surf Coast Walks - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

It was a beautiful day for a walk, wasn't it. Glad you enjoyed it. I think that walk in particular is really interesting as it gives you the opportunity to poke around in a rockpool and to spot some fossils. On Monday we found a seal along that section of coast - a really cute young one.
thanks for coming on the walk!

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I took a guided walk with my fellow TAFE students and Regina or Surf Coast Walks. The walk was 2 hours long and included a brief overview of the area and some essential bushwalking safety tips before we set off. Staying mostly to the Anglesea area Regina guided us along well made paths through brush and scrub with stunning coastal views. We stopped regularly for water breaks and also to hear about the birdlife and native plant history of the area. The scenery changed on the walk regularly from almost rainforest like surroundings to beach walking and clifftop lookouts. I highly recommend this walk and any other walk with Surf Coast Walks simply becasue they know the area so well and are expertly informed on the flora, fauna and environment of the coast here. I look forward to walking with you again!