“reunion headquarters”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Monterey
Algood, Tennessee
“reunion headquarters”
Reviewed 16 July 2009

I recently attended a reunion in Monterey over July 10-12, 2009. I was so impressed with the newness of the hotel, accessibility to the highway, and upgraded ammenities in the rooms. If all Super 8s had the quality bedding, flat screen/wall mounted tvs, fantastic breakfast set up, hot tub, etc, I'd choose this chain just as I've chosen Mariott and Radisson. The management and staffing was also very friendly and helpful in being at our beckon call (happily too). I cannot say enough about the customer service and surprise on the quality of the hotel. I would definately stay again!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
nashville, tn
Reviewed 15 July 2009

I attended a summer camp reunion with my sister last weekend. We are old and grumpy and expect service. The 'reunion headquarters' was the new Super 8 Motel by I-40 in Monterey, Tennessee. I made our reservation with severe doubts about the motel but was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the staff, the room and the amenities. Our room contained a very comfortable bed with 'hotel' sheets and plenty of pillows. There was a wide-screen TV, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker (with good coffee) and hair dryer. In short - there were more amenities than I expected. This is a 'moderately priced' motel along an interstate, and I recommend for it not just for travelers passing through Tennessee but for anyone who wants to park in one spot for a few days and hike some of the many trails on the Cumberland Plateau.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Memphis
Reviewed 15 July 2009

I attended a reunion here and the staff was so friendly and accommodating to our group. My room was immaculate and the bed quite comfortable. This place is a real bargain--a continental breakfast is included in the reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
Tennessee
Reviewed 15 July 2009

We recently attended a reunion and were treated with extreme friendliness, courtesy, and hospitality. The rooms were immaculate, the serrvice was prompt and efficient, and the staff was very helpful in all respects. There were about 90 of us and everyone felt the same way.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Dayton
Reviewed 29 June 2009

Very Clean and comfortable. Of course it's brand new so it should be clean. Sure hope they keep it that way. I have stayed in Cookeville and I definitely would choose this hotel first. Beds very comfortable. Had a 3 year old Grandchild with us and the double queen suite was perfect for her to play and even have her own flat screen TV room. Can't say enough about the hospitality.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
memphis, tn
Reviewed 30 April 2009

Traveling to Gatlinburg, had to stop for the night. The whole family were impressed with Monterey Super 8. Front desk person was very pleasant and polite, gave us a great deal on the room. Talked to us like family, made us feel at home from the start. She gave us a free upgrade because we had 3 children when most hotels charge us for the extra child. The room was immaculate, very clean and modern. I think it might be a new hotel. Very quiet all night, no disturbance at all. Breakfast was better than normal, waffles were a nice touch. At checkout, very quick with no issues, a different desk person was even nicer than the first. I think it is a family run place because everyone seemed so nice. We will stop there everytime we pass through. Highly recommend it to all.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monterey
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cookeville
#1 of 12 in Crossville
Comfort Inn & Suites Cookeville
Baymont Inn & Suites Crossville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cookeville

Been to Bethel Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!