“two night getaway”

Freeman on Ford B&B
Ranked #1 of 14 Beechworth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 April 2014

heidi and jim were excellent hosts. nothing was too much trouble, from the excellent breakfasts to afternoon tea. the room we stayed in was full of period features and spotlessly clean.
we are planning to stay again next year because we loved it so much.
Ken and Deb

Room Tip: we were shown all the rooms and they were all equally beautiful
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Heidi F, Owner at Freeman on Ford B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear K and D, thank you for celebrating your anniversary with us. It was lovely meeting you both and we are so glad that you stayed and I hope to send you details when I can re your family. xx H

There are newer reviews for Freeman on Ford B&B

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Thank you to Heidi and Jim for a wonderful couple of days in Beechworth. Both were very warm, welcoming, professional and knowledgeable about the area and its history. The B&B has been lovingly restored but has all the mod cons (including wifi) and off street parking. Our upstairs room was quiet, had a brand new & spotless ensuite and very comfortable queen sized bed. Classic decor but not a spec of dust to be seen. The breakfast and afternoon tea were great. We'll definitely be back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear A & K, thank you for your lovely review and we look forward to seeing you again. Sorry it has taken a while to respond; I had replied back earlier, but must have forgotten to press "submit".!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Heidi provides a very personal experience and the property exudes an exclusive and intimate atmosphere. I had the privilege of staying at Freeman on Ford for one night recently during a warm and balmy few days in Beechworth.

Heidi suggested the room on the Pool Terrace. Given the balmy evening and the alluring pool outside the door I could not have wanted a better place to rest for the night.

The Pool is large and I used it before dinner, before bed and before breakfast. What a treat.

Heidi was there behind the scenes anticipating my needs and attending to them seamlessly without ever intruding. Her professionalism in this regard is of the highest standing.

This property provides an experience well beyond a star rating system. It is unique. I look forward to the next opportunity to stay at Freeman on Ford in the very near future.

Room Tip: The Room on the Pool Terrace is my favourite. It is next to the Pool and isolated from all other Ro...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BRTripAd
Heidi F, Owner at Freeman on Ford B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

I am so glad B that you used the pool 3 times during your one night stay ! That is fantastic. It is certainly a draw card. Your praise about the personal service and unobtrusive hosting, is very appreciated. It was my pleasure meeting such a gentleman. Kind regards, Heidi

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I cannot imagine a better place than Freeman on Ford to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary and to experience Beechworth and its surrounds. We travelled from interstate and we were not disappointed. Not only is the accommodation luxurious and so very comfortable (we stayed in the silver room), but Heidi and Jim are the perfect hosts. Their warmth, helpfulness and depth of local knowledge all combined to make our stay one of the very best. Heidi very thoughtfully had a bottle of sparking wine in our refrigerator for our celebration as well as a hand-crafted card and gift. What a lovely start to our stay to share the wine on the terrace overlooking the pool. Nothing is too much trouble; five stars don't seem enough for the wonderful stay we had at Freeman on Ford.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms are generously sized with beautiful marble bathrooms and overlook the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear C & B, What wonderful guests you both were and it was delightful having you both. We were honoured that you celebrated such a wonderful milestone with us. It was very gratifying to know that you appreciated this lovely part of the world.. Thank you for sharing such a special time with us. Love H You came so far...from Queensland and it was the least we could do to help make your time memorable. Love to you all and we wish you every happiness you deserve. xx H and J

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We were so overwhelmed with the attention to detail that was given to every aspect of our stay. The level of service was outstanding and the surrounds gorgeous. We stayed in the gold room and enjoyed the luxurious yet comfortable accommodations. Heidi & Jim made our stay in Beechworth extra special with amazing gourmet breakfasts and afternoon teas and port & chocolates on the veranda over looking the inviting pool as a after dinner treat. The Freeman on Ford is in the heart of the town in very close proximity to shops, restaurants and museums yet feels in a time of its own when you step in the front doors. Could not have asked for a better place to stay or better hosts.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

It was wonderful to meet such enthusiastic guests such as J and V....they ventured everywhere from tours around town both night and day and were always smiling and cheerful..It was really uplifting to be near you both and you made our job so easy as you were so friendly. Thank you :-)

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

My 2014 visit to Australia was for business and leisure but I couldn't visit the lovely continent without a trip to Beechworth.
From arriving to departure I was made very welcome and felt very much at home. Heidi and Jim have invested a lot of their lives into Freeman on Ford and as a visitor, I got to enjoy their results. It's fantastic.
Beechworth is a lovely town with great history. It is set in a beautiful part of Victoria and a highlight of my visit resulted from my comment "I haven't seen a kangaroo.....!"
Jim and Heidi then organised for my loss to be remedied and one evening we went to the edge of town and witnessed kangaroos grazing and drinking at a water hole. It was brilliant.
Nothing seems to be too difficult when visiting this truly lovely establishment. This was my third visit and I hope one day to go back for more. Truly 5-star or better..!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bob B
Heidi F, Owner at Freeman on Ford B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Bob, thank you for "shouting" us dinner and being such great company. I am glad I deducted your generous gesture from the bill without you knowing...ha, ha, tricked you! But wasn't it a great time had by all!? Thanks for traveling so far to see our wonderful town and I am sure we will do it again. Love to you. Stay positive. You have overcome huge setbacks; well done & God bless xx

Reviewed 1 April 2014

What a wonderful time we had. Your attention to detail Heidi is impeccable. Breakfast amazing, afternoon tea overlooking the pool (life does not get better then that). Massage and beauty treatments in your room by the amazing Bec. (Don't forget to book her). We stayed in the beautiful silver room overlooking the pool, couldn't have been more perfect. Dear Heidi your home is amazing (so are you)and thank you for sharing it with us and making our anniversary so memorable .

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Heidi F, Manager at Freeman on Ford B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Lisa and Brett, It was great celebrating together and I am so glad you had such a memorable time. It was also wonderful to see how relaxed you both were and thank you for the wine! Love H