“Great lunch menu”

Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: French, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Inviting and warm, The Ox and Hound Bistro offers a relaxed atmosphere in a quintessential Beechworth shopfront. The menu features classic bistro dishes using quality products, expect to find terrine, souffle, gnocchi and pannacotta. Our intimate dining space holds 11, bookings are always advised.
Geelong, Australia
“Great lunch menu”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Five friends stopped here for a quick lunch. They had a pasta dish with a glass of wine for $22 which was generous, delicious and fast. The room was tastefully decorated in an understated French Bistro style with lovely crisp white table cloths and napkins. Service was friendly and efficient. Definitely to be recommended.

1 Thank MeHimandtheCurlyMop

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Amazing”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My partner and I had the 3 cheese souffle and mixed olives for starters. We have never tasted anything like the souffle - it was amazing, as were the olives. For mains we had the two gnocchi dishes which were also superb. After finishing our chocolate brownies for dessert, it is safe to say that we were stuffed! The only criticism I have is that I feel like our table was tiny.

• Visited June 2014
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“3 cheese souffle”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Come on. 3 cheese souffle. Need I say more. It was by far the tastiest thing I have ever eaten. It was superb. And the gnocchi was great. Could use a slightly better beer list. Pity I don't drink wine.

Toowoomba, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect Steak”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The steak I had at The Ox and Hound was in my top 3 steaks of all time. Absolutely divine. As was the chocolate brownie dessert and local beer. Fantastic dining experience.

1 Thank Ken G
Leura
“Delicious food, great wine list, attentive service”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

On a wet Monday night, this solo traveller was welcomed and fed royally from a small, imaginative menu with an emphasis on local produce and wine. Service was excellent, and ambience was enhanced by interesting music. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2014