“weekend at beechworth on bridge”

Beechworth On Bridge
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Beechworth
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Great place to stay very friendly , clean, everything you would need .Would definitly recommend , great value .Thank you Brenda
Great places to eat ,Hibernian hotel very good, was extremely dissapointed with the Beechworth Brewery , as we found the staff not so friendly and had to wait over an hour for our pizza which was very ordinary.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Brenda F, Owner at Beechworth On Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Thank you for your review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. There are heaps of fantastic places to eat here so hopefully when you return we can recommend some to you. Again, thank you, your kind words are truly appreciated. Brenda

Reviewed 6 March 2012

I travel frequantely around Victoria and this has been by far the most pleasant stay. When I arrived I was met with a smile and generous sized milk for my must have coffee in the mornings. When I entered the room it was clean well decorated, bright and comfortable.

The linen felt as though it was brand new, the bed I fell into for a brilliant sleep and the TV was in a perfect location to catch the news from any part of the room.

A quiet nights sleep away from too much noise and the Beechworth on Bridge only had 11 rooms but I felt like I was the only person in the place when on the night it was actually booked up.

This place is a absolute little gem for the price I paid for the room!

I would highly recommend if your visiting the area to stop in at beechworth not only for its famous bakery but for the relaxing stay at Beechworth On Bridge.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Ally K

Hi Ally, thank you for your compliments. We love the location here as we are close enough to walk to town, but away from the noise of the pubs and cars. Most days here we have kookaburras singing away and other types of beautiful birds, it makes you feel like being on holidays every day of the year. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again. Brenda

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Was finding it a little difficult to locate accommodation around Beechworth on Sat 25th 2012. Most were full bit a thoughtful Motel proprietor at a full Motel pointed me to Beechworth On Bridge just outside of Beechworth on the Wangaratta-Beechworth road (Bridge Road).

Given most other motels were full up, I reckoned this one was going to be a shelter only.
Entering the driveway, it presented a minimalist boutique charm. No concrete jungle but a low key well-kept garden.

Collecting the key, the proprietor was most pleasant and business-like; and I put it in that order deliberately because she immediately observed that I was tired and flustered from 10 hours driving and a frustrating hunt for accommodation.

Milk for tea and coffee was a generous 600ml of fresh milk and not those stingy 10ml cups of UHT.

And here’s the best part, opened the door and the room smelled fresh and clean - where was the Eau de mo-toilette???

I bought a double and the beds were presented like they are in a top end city hotel, crisp sheets and elegant bed-linen across first-grade mattresses.

A generous television, even the rubbish ad recycle bins had a touch of class about them.
The bathroom was spotless, draped with generous thick white fluffy towels and generous shampoos and conditioners.

I travel a bit and I can’t remember a better motel. Price was $120 for the night and worth it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Shane_Mulhall

Thank you Shane for your positive response. I am humbled. We are currently renovating the rooms and improving all facilities an amenities. When you stay again, you will see even more changes happening. Thank you again. Brenda

Reviewed 26 July 2011

Excellent place to stay and only a short stroll from town. The rooms were very clean, the beds were comfy and we received excellent service the entire weekend. Highly recommend people to stay at the Newton Park Motel, we will definitely be staying there next time we are in town.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Penny_Max01

Thank you for your kind words they are greatly appreciated. We have only just started renovating the rooms and already there is a huge improvement. This is my first month in the motel and it is all very new to me. A huge learning kerb so I appreciate your compliments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beechworth
The George Kerferd
Armour Motor Inn
#1 of 6 in Beechworth
Golden Heritage Motor Inn & Cottages
Beechworth Carriage Motor Inn

Been to Beechworth On Bridge? Share your experiences!