“Not recommended”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Telephone + 61 3 5728 1480
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Although we had booked this hotel for tea.although it had been recommended by our hosts at our b@b I would not recommend this establishment.
We booked a seat in the bistro and we were put on a long stool in the cold room near the kitchen.no room for us even though we had booked.
I am a coeliac and there were very limited choices on the menu for me.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Passing through Beechworth we came across the TCH,we both had the Bacon & Lentil Soup to start,it was very tasty.For our main course we had the Irish Sausage,mashed potato with mustard sauce.We loved it.The lady who served us,was really chatty & even told us where she sourced the sausages from the butcher in Wodonga.We sat next to the open log fire & warmed up on a miserable day.Great historical building.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I dined here on May 22. We ordered the sausages and mash and I had the scotch fillet. Hubby also orders a side of fries. The sausages were tiny, mash was dry and inedible. Chips had that much salt they couldn't be eaten. $24 dollars for 2 small snags and dry mash what a rip off. The scotch was as thin as a minute steak, sauce was no existent and the salad was lettuce and radish. We will never eat here again.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I ordered off the chef's menu (beef cheek and mash) and it was so yummy and heartwarming on a cold evening. Try the Tart tatin if it is on the menu - it is devine!!!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Definitely a pub feel, but with very nice meals and a good menu. Service was a little slow when I visited, but I think they were a little under the pump and under-staffed. Incidentally, the staff were very helpful and nice