“Off night?”

La Collina Pizzeria
Ranked #19 of 37 Restaurants in Belgrave
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Fast food
Reviewed 3 February 2013

On a night out to see a show in Belgrave we wanted something quick and easy. I often go by the busy rule; if I don't know what's good in town, look for the busiest restaurant. This place was full inside with a constant stream of pick up orders too.
We were able to be seated out the front and still get table service and drinks, which was great. All the staff were friendly and very efficient.
We ordered a couple of pizzas and a bottle of red to wash it down. The pizza itself was pretty good, the base fairly thin and nice sauce, which made the Margerita delicious, but the HUGE letdown was the prawns on the La Collina Special were rank. Even if I get served crappy frozen prawns I can normally stomach them, but these were so bad that even picking them off the pizza left a dirty tasting pizza behind.
I am sure these guys are well capable of making a great pizza, but they really let themselves down with the produce. If fresh juicy prawns cost more, charge more for the pizza, don't serve sub standard food.
I would have liked to score more because the service was great, but unedible food can only rate poor. Sorry, not sure if I'll go back to see if it was just an off night (excuse the pun).

1  Thank Fitchylovesfood

Reviewed 22 September 2012

La Collina is a simply small restaurant in Belgrave offering traditional talian food. Very reasonably priced with helpful friendly staff. A simple menu giving the restaurant a chance to focus on flavour rather than a huge array of food. Great option before or after the movies at the Cameo cinema which is a stones throw away.

1  Thank Partlyblonde
Reviewed 4 January 2012

For the price, La Collina's is a nice little place to eat. Wait staff, owner and chefs are all very fun and energetic - giving the place a very Italian family feel.

Nice place to go with a boyfriend or friend. The restaurant itself isn't the best looking place, but it's definitely good value and a nice meal out.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

Something for the whole family. Good pizzas, good lamb shanks, some of the other dishes average. Take pencils and textas for the kids to draw on the table cloths. Very family friendly

Reviewed 30 January 2010

For any one living in the hills and have not ordered from here for sometime think twice the quality of the food has gone off dramatically I ordered tonight and the food was less than what I expected. I called to complain but the same old we will do better next time excuse was given. Will not order take away again from here. Buyer beware!