“Cosy atmosphere, nice food but expensive”
Review of Reel Cafe

Reel Cafe
Ranked #19 of 37 Restaurants in Belgrave
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Cosy atmosphere, nice food but expensive”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I love to come to the reel for cake and hot chocolate after a movie......or anytime really! I am not so keen on eating meals here for 2 reasons. Firstly, the food is relatively expensive. Secondly, there is never enough variety for meals (I am vegetarian). We always come here after a movie and I sometime schedule coffee meetings here due to convenience and atmosphere. I came once with a group of about 20 and they really didn't cope....half the table finished their meal before the other half even received theirs. Also not so friendly for little kids.

• Visited October 2013

Victoria, Australia
“Used to be good but not now”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This used to be our "go to" place before/after a movie at the cinema next door, but the standard has dropped since the current owners took over. Recently dropped in after a movie. It was quiet but we had to ask to see menus, had to go to the bar to order wine (and they brought us the wrong one), had to ask to place orders for food. All in all really bad service. Another time we stopped in for coffee to be told "sit anywhere". Only problem none of the tables had been cleared!
The food still seems pretty good, but the service has really slipped. Not a favourite anymore.

• Visited July 2013
“We eat here often”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

And I have never had a bad meal. the service is good and the decor is good. I like it because you know what you are getting

Visited January 2013
1 Thank suew69
Melbourne, Australia
“Food ok, but who has time to wait!”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I went for breakfast my table of 3 and another table of 2 were the only customers in there.
The food took 50mins to be brought to the table after placing the order. No apologies or reasons, very bad service!
The food was nice.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank julesar7
Sydney, Australia
“AVOID!! Don't waste your time & money!”
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I went with my family for breakfast after opening the menus the waiter pounced on us to get our order. Give patron a few minutes to atleast look over the menu.. After ordering it took 30 mins for the food to come out to us. I think this is totally unreasonable for basic cooked breakfast especially when we were the only diners in the cafe at the time. The food was absolutley terrible, panckes that were so thick and doughy, poached eggs that were tasteless, bacon was like it had been boiled and then thrown in some oil to attempt to brown it - FAIL, omelette was oily, with a slice of cheap ham and very minimal tomato thrown in the middle. To top it off, coffee was only luke warm. I was so annoyed that I wasted $60 at this cafe for the worst breakfast I have ever had!!!

• Visited September 2012