“Service is poor!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Service is poor!”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We deliberately saw a movie that ended before their closing time so we could eat meal after it. We were sat down with the menu and tried to get someone to take order. As no one came after about 20 or more minutes and it was approaching their closing time, my husband went to the counter only to be told the kitchen was closed!!!!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Julie G

Melbourne, Australia
“Cosy atmosphere, nice food but expensive”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I love to come to the reel for cake and hot chocolate after a movie......or anytime really! I am not so keen on eating meals here for 2 reasons. Firstly, the food is relatively expensive. Secondly, there is never enough variety for meals (I am vegetarian). We always come here after a movie and I sometime schedule coffee meetings here due to convenience and atmosphere. I came once with a group of about 20 and they really didn't cope....half the table finished their meal before the other half even received theirs. Also not so friendly for little kids.

• Visited October 2013
Victoria, Australia
“Used to be good but not now”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This used to be our "go to" place before/after a movie at the cinema next door, but the standard has dropped since the current owners took over. Recently dropped in after a movie. It was quiet but we had to ask to see menus, had to go to the bar to order wine (and they brought us the wrong one), had to ask to place orders for food. All in all really bad service. Another time we stopped in for coffee to be told "sit anywhere". Only problem none of the tables had been cleared!
The food still seems pretty good, but the service has really slipped. Not a favourite anymore.

• Visited July 2013
“We eat here often”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

And I have never had a bad meal. the service is good and the decor is good. I like it because you know what you are getting

Visited January 2013
1 Thank suew69
Melbourne, Australia
“Food ok, but who has time to wait!”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I went for breakfast my table of 3 and another table of 2 were the only customers in there.
The food took 50mins to be brought to the table after placing the order. No apologies or reasons, very bad service!
The food was nice.