“Yorkshire to Australia” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ashscotts Restaurant

Ashscotts Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 92 Restaurants in Berwick
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Yorkshire to Australia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

We visit family in Australia every year. Every visit we eat at Ashscotts in Berwick, Melbourne at least three or four times each year. The owners are 'hands on' giving everyone a warm welcome. Nothing is too much trouble, the menu is varied and the food is cooked to a very high standard.

Odd to mention I know but the toilets are scrupulously clean and tidy,

You have a choice of eating experiences. There are two outside eating areas, wonderful if you enjoy eating outside (enjoying the wonderful weather) but prefer not to be with the visitors who smoke. They too have their own outdoor area..... What an excellent idea. This shows the measure of concern given by the helpful staff who just want to to enjoy your meal.

The steaks are cooked to perfection, fish and chips are really tasty. I recommend the creme
Brûlée to finish off any of the wonderful meals.

Go on treat yourself they are open 7 days a week....no excuses

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank InterludeSeeker

Wheelers Hill, Australia
“Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

We booked last minute in the 7th December. Being close to Chrissy we could get into our usual places so gave this a go. We booked a table for two, and snook 3 in !

We couldn't get indoors so sat outside on the front in the court yard on a lovely evening, there is also kerb side seating.

The menu is large with a range of Aussie favourites, (even a Parma), so your bound to find what you want.
The beer menu was fine, but the wine menu was ok, nothing special, but well priced for a restaurant.

The outside court yard is nice on a warm evening, tables well spread out, unlike some places were you practically sit in top if each other.

The service was slow. In fact confusing. I would say far too many, young, inexperienced staff. They could save $$ by getting less but more experienced staff that know how to organise themselves. We were served by at least 3 maybe 5 different girls, who were very slow, got my beer wrong , mixed up my steak order completely ( wrong cut, sauce, cook, which I should have sent back but I didn't want to hold my family up from eating their meals). We struggled to catch the eye of a waitresses several times. I ordered extra bread and my course was cold when it arrived. That said they were friendly.

The food however was superb. We had fish, steaks, and chicken in various sauces and have no complaints. In fact I would say the garlic sauces with my scallop entree (which I greedily wanted the extra bread for) was one of the best I have had in a while.

The bill for 2/3 courses for 3 people with lots of wine for wife and JB for big son, came to $150 which was very reasonable.

Try this place, just don't expect great service until they realise that minimum wage young girls don't give the best value until well trained.
3.5 at best.

2 Thank TimandVal
Berwick, Australia
“Thank you for a fantastic night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

We have just returned from the most amazing evening at Ashcotts. We had a party of about 25 people and the staff bent over backwards to make our night a memorable one. The food was amazing and the service was even better. This is the the third time we have dined here over the past 6 months and we have always been extremely happy. I worked in the hospitality industry for many years and Ashcott's service is up there with the best. We will definitely return again and again and would highly recommend this place to anyone wanting a most enjoyable evening.
p.s. The veal was to die for!!!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Renlim2013
“This photo isn't from the restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Waste of time.. Money.. And stomach space.

What a terrible Job the current owners are doing.. Everything is wrong.. Food, service and all..

Bring back the original owners!
Do not waste your time going.

• Visited July 2013
5 Thank Ralphjohns
Melbourne, Australia
“Great food..always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Always great food and service, we go to this restaurant on a regular basis, and we're never dissappointed

Visited April 2013