“Keeping the locals honest!”

Ashscotts Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 97 Restaurants in Berwick
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Taking my mother to a restaurant can be daunting. However, the BBQ ribs here are legendary I gather, and the meal last night didn't disappoint. Service was prompt, the restaurant was warm on such a cold night. The cosy atmosphere was complemented by traditional ribs, and not so many that the meal was too big a challenge for an older person. We started with a champagne (after all, she is my Mum) and a glass of the Margaret River house shiraz with the ribs. This venue will become another great venue in what is becoming an area well known for coos.

1  Thank geraldq

Reviewed 14 April 2014

me and my whole family went for a sunday lunch the restaurant was nice and peaceful all of us enjoyed the lunch and the dessert was fantastic home made chocolate mousse well presented and my son had profiteroles it was the best one i ever had i would highly recommend every one to try the dessert and its fairly priced , and our steaks was cooked like the way we wanted and it
one of growing restaurant in berwick

1  Thank malmore
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

despite the ugly views that I'm quiet sadden to read, I think ashscotts is on of the best restaurants in berwick, it has done well over the years under the new management! you will always be taken care of, they have a variety of food from
European to asian! at a reasonable price too! the desserts are to die for! a stick date pudding or a chocolate pudding is the best after a good portion meal! I highly recommend this restaurant out of all in berwick, one of my favorite restaurants to dine at!

1  Thank claire_masson
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We visit family in Australia every year. Every visit we eat at Ashscotts in Berwick, Melbourne at least three or four times each year. The owners are 'hands on' giving everyone a warm welcome. Nothing is too much trouble, the menu is varied and the food is cooked to a very high standard.

Odd to mention I know but the toilets are scrupulously clean and tidy,

You have a choice of eating experiences. There are two outside eating areas, wonderful if you enjoy eating outside (enjoying the wonderful weather) but prefer not to be with the visitors who smoke. They too have their own outdoor area..... What an excellent idea. This shows the measure of concern given by the helpful staff who just want to to enjoy your meal.

The steaks are cooked to perfection, fish and chips are really tasty. I recommend the creme
Brûlée to finish off any of the wonderful meals.

Go on treat yourself they are open 7 days a week....no excuses

3  Thank InterludeSeeker
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

We booked last minute in the 7th December. Being close to Chrissy we could get into our usual places so gave this a go. We booked a table for two, and snook 3 in !

We couldn't get indoors so sat outside on the front in the court yard on a lovely evening, there is also kerb side seating.

The menu is large with a range of Aussie favourites, (even a Parma), so your bound to find what you want.
The beer menu was fine, but the wine menu was ok, nothing special, but well priced for a restaurant.

The outside court yard is nice on a warm evening, tables well spread out, unlike some places were you practically sit in top if each other.

The service was slow. In fact confusing. I would say far too many, young, inexperienced staff. They could save $$ by getting less but more experienced staff that know how to organise themselves. We were served by at least 3 maybe 5 different girls, who were very slow, got my beer wrong , mixed up my steak order completely ( wrong cut, sauce, cook, which I should have sent back but I didn't want to hold my family up from eating their meals). We struggled to catch the eye of a waitresses several times. I ordered extra bread and my course was cold when it arrived. That said they were friendly.

The food however was superb. We had fish, steaks, and chicken in various sauces and have no complaints. In fact I would say the garlic sauces with my scallop entree (which I greedily wanted the extra bread for) was one of the best I have had in a while.

The bill for 2/3 courses for 3 people with lots of wine for wife and JB for big son, came to $150 which was very reasonable.

Try this place, just don't expect great service until they realise that minimum wage young girls don't give the best value until well trained.
3.5 at best.