Best Western Plus The Tudor-Box Hill
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Art Series - The Chen(Box Hill)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$87
Agoda.com
US$89
  • Pool
Burwood East Motel(Burwood)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$83
US$90
US$84
Agoda.com
All reviewsacross the roadcar parkthe main hotelcup cafeself contained apartmentplace to stayfooty finalsgreat mealnewer apartmentbusy roadfull kitchenmelbourne cbdgood sizefriendly receptionistblown awaystayed nightsnice cafe
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 November 2011

The modern apartment was well fitted, clean and comfortable with very pleasant modern furnishings and a terrace (but it was Melbourne - too wet to enjoy it). Location was fine for us as we had appointments in the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2011

A friend and i stayed in the new apartments across the road from the original hotel. I can't fault them, large, clean and the bed was warm and comfortable. The building was secure and the location easy to find and easy access to nearby shops and restaurant. It suited us perfectly as a base for the 4 days we had in this part of Melbourne. The only thing I would point out is that the pool and small gym is across the road along with the reception desk etc. But in terms of self contained apartment I can't fault it and I've stayed in plenty.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Its an old building yet neat. A/c is very weak and only caters to one room. The other room was freezing cold. One day housekeeping forgot to leave spare toilet roll. Next day we called and asked for toilet roll at 7 am. We were told initially that the person who does this won't come till 10am!!!. Then I said an extra one wasn't left yesterday. Then they said we'll leave one at your door in half an hour's time!!!!!! Imagine having to wait half an our for toilet roll. Moving on-- Check out time fiasco. The print out from my booking.com says checked on sunday 17th july 2011 before 12noon. We called to confirm as it sounded too generous. They said check out at 10 am. When confronted they said that for apartments it is 11 am and for our room it was 10am. When I showed the print out from mybooking website showing 12 noon as the checkout time, they said its only on weekdays and not on weekends. Then I pointed out the print out clearly stated check out time on sunday the 17 July 2011 before 12 noon. They said they'll speak to the website.
Bottomline- Their staff is converting an otherwise Ok, average motel to a third class and undesirable place to stay in.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
TheTudor, Manager at Best Western Plus The Tudor-Box Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and feedback. I apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. We have reviewed your comments to ensure we continue to improve our high level of service. We will review our check out time listed on all websites. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 July 2011

The Motel was convenient for the purpose of my visit. Literally a 3 minute drive to my destination. Close and handy for all conveniences - Centro Box Hill, Plethora of restaurants only a few minutes drive away. Close to main arterial roads. Easy to navigate from Tullamarine.
The front office staff are wonderful. I had a fax & a parcel arrive. They were only too pleased to hold it for me - though they did not ring through for me to pick them up.
The food from the restaurant was tasty, hot and very appetising. Even the room service was fast and very nice. The waitress was not very interested in her customers and would be the only negative comment I could make as the food was good.
On my arrival (my flight was an early morning arrival) I arrived and asked what time I could check in. I was pleasantly surprised when the front office girl advised me my room would be ready for 10.30am. That only left me to have breakfast at the wonderful cafe across the road - BEST coffee and sandwiches (I visited a few times!) Check in was smooth until I was ready for bed. The bed had been made and the room was neat and tidy BUT when I turned my bed down, there were hairs of the personal kind all over the sheets. I was unaware that reception was 24 hours, so I turned all the sheets over before retiring.
The bed is comfortable and my usually sore back loved it!
The next day, a quiet talk to the reception and the bedding was fixed.
The room I had was old and tired looking with flaking paint and plaster in the bathroom and stains on the carpet. It was very clean though and always smelled fresh after the room was cleaned - something I insisted on every day.
The main issue I had with the motel was the comings and goings of very loud high heel shoes most nights. I can only imagine what this represented given the hours were around midnight through to about 3am in the morning. If that was not enough, one door kept opening and closing next to me for a few hours with the remarks "I hope you enjoy it". Maybe someone decided to sell some items for the leisure traveller!?!
Once I explained what happened to the front office staff, they were very apologetic as they knew things like this happened and were out of their control unless people made them aware.
My lesson in this is to advise reception of wherever I stay if there are issues that make me fell uncomfortable.
Overall though, The Tudor was a pleasant stay for the price. But please explain why Monday and Tuesday nights are $56 extra per night than weekend nights?

Room Tip: Don't get a room in the corridor under stairs
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and feedback. I apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. We have reviewed your comments to ensure we continue to improve our high level of service. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 June 2011

Stayed here due to the close proximity to the Epworth Eastern Hospital. Checked in at 9:00pm and was in time to order from the full room service menu but when I rang was told only the snack menu was available (despite the fact that the full menu was not meant to close until 9:30). Ordered the steak sandwich which ended up being without sauce or anything....just a bun some meat, tomato, lettuce and mayo for...$17.00! A bit steep.
Rooms are obviously for smokers as well as there is ashtray and the room stank of smoke. More of a motel which is fine but be prepared! Small rooms, very basic but close to the hospital.

Room Tip: Make sure you request non smoking room if require!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and feedback. I apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. We have reviewed your comments to ensure we continue to improve our high level of service. Please note only 3 out of 75 rooms in the property are smoking rooms. Our standard rooms are a minimum 18 m2. All rooms contain 32 inch HD flat screen TV's with Foxtel, multiple towel selection including extra large bath sheets, multiple pillow selection, pillow top mattress bed as well as high speed internet.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.