All reviews comfortable room my partner road trip stayed one night amenities stop reception dinner motel shower cafes toaster sleep pub
Reviewed 3 October 2015 via mobile

I stopped at Cann River on my way between Canberra and Gippsland and, alone and tired, I needed somewhere to stay. There are a couple of places to choose from but I think I stopped at the right place! Without a bookings and tired after a long drive I was welcomed at reception by a lovely and friendly woman who checked me in promptly.The rate for a room with a queen bed was very reasonable considering. Being a motel, I was unsure of what to expect but the room was more than adequate - safe, spacious and very clean with all the amenities you need for a pit stop on a road trip. And the shower pressure was fantastic! I thought it was such a good little gem of a place that I returned to stay with my family on the return journey back to Canberra. We booked a two bedroom room which was also fantastic value. I would definitely recommend people stop here if looking for somewhere to stay in Cann River.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2015

Good quality budget motel. Very welcoming staff, nice quiet room with comfy bed, and great sized bathroom.

Offered assistance in more secure area for motorcycle parking. Did not try their food on this visit, but appears to be well priced. Close to service station and shops, across the road from the historic pub.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2015

We stayed for one night en route from Melbourne to Eden. Our room had been warmed for our arrival. Cann Valley is a standard motel and we were very happy with a comfortable bed for the night, parking off the main road, no traffic noise and a great location. We ate dinner at the local pub across the road and breakfast at a cafe next door to the motel. We recommend both. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HeatherandKaren
Reviewed 4 February 2015

My wife and I had to make an urgent trip to Canberra and needed and overnight stay. I picked the Cann Valley Motel as it was just a little over halfway and so glad we stayed there.

As the website was not listing any rooms as available, I rang and was able to book a spa room. I was happy that I made this choice.

The room was spacious, tidy and had everything that you could need. The spa was the perfect size for a couple and very relaxing after a long drive. (I have stayed in one of the "top" hotels in Melbourne where the spa bath can only hold one person. not a proper two person spa like at the Cann Valley Motel.)

Our hosts were most welcoming and we would most definitely recommend staying at Cann Valley Motel if you are in the area. We will certainly be staying there again, even just for a weekend away.

The "hidden" just refers to the signage that was obscured by the trees on the nature strip. Mind you, this was when it was just starting to get dark too. Also, Google Maps pointed us to the motel across the road, which was a little confusing.

Room Tip: The spa rooms are a little extra, however definitely worth it as the spa is perfectly sized for a couple to relax in.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RickAndrsn
Reviewed 27 December 2014 via mobile

We came with some friends and used it as a base while we fished at tamboon inlet . The owners have a great attitude, made lunch for us, and have dinner as late as 9.00, which is fantastic and allowed us to fish late. Very friendly and will be back and recommend to anyone traveling through or want to use it as a base to fish tamboon inlet

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends