All reviews good nights sleep on arrival toaster tv fridge motel bed
Reviewed 7 October 2017

I stayed at this motel for 3 nights while working at Gunbower,It is an old motel but very clean & comfortable. The "owners" Rosemary & Ted a wonderful people and Rosemary advised where the best places were to eat in town. I have said yes to in room dining but believe it only applies to breakfast. As mentioned by other reviewers the TV is a little small for the room and the antenna connection mat be a little faulty but that's not important when you are getting a good nights sleep. Also as we didn't pay for the rooms I cannot confirm the cost but believe it would be in the budget area and Rosemary has a thing for Teddy Bears, move them gently off your bed or cuddle up if that's your thing lol

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Travelled alone, for a funeral.
Look, this place is absolutely fine for the weary traveller.
Clean, neat, with a great bed and really good bathroom and shower. TV could be a bit bigger, as it is so far from the bed, but other than that, it was quiet and I slept really well.
I would recommend for the Murray Valley traveller, for sure.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2017

Went to Cohuna for a mates Birthday Bash, and my wife and I stayed at the Cohuna Motor Inn. We booked and stayed at one of the two cabins at the rear of the motel (we were in No 2)
Greeted and welcomed by Rosemary on arrival. Went around to our cabin and we were pleasantly surprised. Everything there that you would need. Kitchen and Tv area in the one room, with bedroom adjoining and off that the bathroom and toilet.
Place was very clean, air con located in the kitchen TV room was adequate, but I was also told by Rosemary they are installing a unit for the bedroom very shortly so that will be excellent for those hot nights up there. Bed was very comfortable.
Shower nice and hot, and tv worked well. Another plus was that we woke to a crescendo of bird life, at the rear of the property.
Breakfast this morning was very good. It was a beautiful morning so breakfast on the table on the porch was very nice.
I have answered yes to the indoor dining below, but I think it only applies to breakfast.
I really think they are undercharging themselves for the both the breakfast and the cabin. We will go back again in the future and again hopefully get a cabin, but this time for a couple of nights so we can have a better look round. owners Rosemary and Ted very friendly. I have also classed this as a budget motel, I have based that on how much we paid for room and 1 breakfast. I would not have blinked if the bill had have been another twenty or thirty dollars

Room tip: Well we had read on Trip Adviser that the cabin at the rear was the best. After staying in that one we must agree it is great.
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

We booked last minute. Unfortunately there must have been major holes in the flyscreens as our family suite was full of flying bugs all in the bathrooms and on the beds. The mattress I feel needs updating as you can feel the springs. The rooms although old were relatively clean. I would suggest the tvs are a bit small for the room size and perhaps antenna may need looking at as a lot of channels didnt have very good reception. I generally dont like leaving bad reviews as the owner was very nice however I dont think I can recommend based on our experience.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

The accommodation is classic old-style motel. The room was nice and quiet - suggest you ask for a room at the back as on an earlier stay i was closer to the road and there was some traffic noise.
Good supply of tea coffee milo and biscuits; something many others fail to do.

Date of stay: October 2016