Stayed in one of the townhouses in July 2014. Must say we had a very enjoyable stay. They were perfect for our family of five.
Downstairs there is a small living area, a sitting space, dining area adjacent to a fully equipped kitchen, a laundry and separate toilet. The gas fire place was fabulous. It created such a warm and cosy environment. Being July, it was cold and wet during our stay but indoors was amazing.
Upstairs there were two bedrooms with their own split system heating/cooling, stand-alone bath in both bedrooms and separate ensuites. Although ensuites were on the small side, they did the job.
No WI-FI... This in itself was frustrating. Especially with three children and bad weather. Surely, in this day and age and in Australia, WI-FI should be free and available to all guests!!
Surcharge for using credit card was a bit ludicrous...
Property is in Creswick which is about a 15-20 minute drive from Ballarat. You do need a car as there is not much to do in the area. There is a small strip of shops eg a supermarket, a chemist etc about a 2 minute drive away from hotel which is helpful.
Went to Novotel for breakfast one morning. It was nothing spectacular...just average. We did expect more choice and quality. Hygene was appalling; every plate and cup we picked up was dirty. Surely these should be checked prior to being taken out to the restaurant. Dirty dishes are a real turn-off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Victoria's beautiful Hepburn Shire, The Sebel Creswick Forest Resort offers sophisticated two-bedroom self-catering apartments for a truly indulgent getaway. Nestled amongst 150 acres of forest and lagoons, the apartments boast surroundings incorporating indigenous plants and natural timbers. The Sebel Creswick Forest Resort is located just 20 minutes from Daylesford, 10 minutes from Ballarat and is within close proximity to the historical townships of Creswick and Clunes. Known as the 'spa capital of Australia' the region offers comprehensive mineral springs, award winning wineries and an abundance of cultural and exciting places to explore. Please note The Sebel Creswick Forest Resort no longer have access to the swimming pool and fitness centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Sebel Creswick Forest Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Forest Resort Apartments Hotel Creswick
- The Sebel Creswick Forest Resort Victoria, Australia