“Victoria House”

Victoria House Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Croydon
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I stayed at Victoria House for 3 nights this week. Renee and Rob are excellent hosts. The suite I was given was clean and tidy and warm. Renee's home cooked meals in the evening are excellent and Rob's breakfast is a great way to start the day. I thoroughly recommend Victoria House for accommodation during a business or leisure trip.

Room Tip: Although the room I occupied faced on to Maroondah Highway, the hotel sound insulation stopped almos...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed overnight to attend a nearby function. Hosts were very welcoming. Room was big and lovely with separate cosy living area to relax. We had a late night, so we chose to have our yummy home cooked breakfast delivered to our room. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I had the fortune to miss out on a conference booking and choose to stay here. I was very pleasantly surprised to find the room was very spacious and suited my needs very well. The meals were nice and service very friendly. Really felt like a home away from home (but without the kids!!). Clean room/bathroom and comfortable bed. Price was also a bonus and worth it. Television reception was only problem, but fixed for second night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I regularly travel to Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne. The location in Croydon suits my needs but more important are the friendly faces of the hosts coupled with the comfortable large rooms and the "make yourself at home" feel makes Victoria House my favourite accomodation location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Huge rooms with excellent facilities, and very comfortable beds. Fantastic warm decore that makes you feel at home, and excellent food that is well worth staying in for. By far one of the best motels we have ever stayed in. Make sure you also meet the hosts who are very friendly and couldn't be more helpful. Will definitely be staying there more often.
Excellent stay and Highly recommended :)
Geoff m

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Really happy to discover a motel room that didn't feel like a motel room!
We chose this property because of a party nearby (we're from out of town) and the positive reviews online. Just a one night stay
What a pretty terrace; such a nice little oasis at the city fringe.
Our room was a deluxe shower room. I didn't know what a 'deluxe shower' was, and still a little puzzled, but both the room and bathroom were VERY spacious, and in an old-world style- perhaps this was it. Also we had a balcony which felt a bit lovely and special- nice to have an openable window!
Our hosts seemed very down to earth and relaxed, which was lovely.
Our room was missing milk which was provided very swiftly when requested.
Our television wasn't tuned and couldn't be tuned without a password, the manager was very apologetic and said he'd sort that out on our departure.
The only other funny thing was that the bed, which was VERY comfy, had been made with a fitted sheet, flat sheet under doona, and counterpane directly on top of that. When the counterpane was removed for sleeping, the doona was therefore exposed. I really missed that extra flat sheet over the top of the doona, it just looks more clean and pristine. Other aspects of cleanliness were very good (except my used teacup on entering the room), particularly the bathroom.
A strong waft of breakfast made me wish we'd planned ahead and were able to partake...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stay here frequently , in this part of Melbourne the other options are a bit bland and soulless
I find the hosts make the difference , foods always good with a fair selection and the chefs always happy to help out.
Rooms are enormous , plenty of space and all the things you need inside

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank richard s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Croydon
Yarra Valley Lodge
#1 of 2 in Lilydale
Golden Pebble Melbourne
Golden Pebble Melbourne
#1 of 3 in Wantirna

Been to Victoria House Motor Inn? Share your experiences!