“Special Occassion Sunday Lunch”

The Hare Inn at Scawton
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Scawton
Price range: US$72 - US$92
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: 13th Century Inn, 21st Century Restaurant, The Hare is tucked away in the very south of the Moors. We offer Tasting menus, each dish is individually designed to showcase our team's ability, local produce at its finest and to incorporate different cooking techniques including both modern and traditional methods. Our personalities are reflected on each individual plate.
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I took my family here for Sunday Lunch on my wife's birthday. it was pricey but absolutely fabulous food. We will be back!!

1  Thank John B

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We have been wanting to visit The Hare for a while and eventually we did. having received somewhat mixed reviews prior to visiting, we were delighted by our visit. The food was very good, different in many ways and as my wife described it "very Masterchef". Not cheap but as always you get what you pay for. Service was brilliant and Liz and her colleague made us feel very welcome and frankly could not have done more for us. Drink prices were not out of the way. The little things that are provided as a part of the meal make the whole dining experience worth it. Will definitely return sometime soon

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This has always been a great place to eat - as long as I can remember (30 years+!) however, it's recently been taken over by Paul and Liz who have come from the Crown at Great Ouseburn, where they'd done a fantastic job. The food was quite simply superb. Unusual flavours, combinations, but everything worked and was cooked to perfection. We had the tasting menu at £45 per head. This reminds me of the Black Swan at Oldstead BEFORE they got their star. It was very impressive.

1  Thank Lucy C
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

After visiting last year and not been impressed, I thought it was time to give it another go! I was very happy with the food, service and atmosphere this time around! Although quite pricey they food was worth it! They had a good selector of wine and a great menu! I will definitely be returning to try more things on the menu!

1  Thank JOSIE1236
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This place is excellent. We are experienced and well travelled foodies and this is good. This was our second visit in the last two weeks and we received the same good service and good food. This time we brought a disabled friend with a wheelchair. The young front of house lady actually telephoned us a few hours before we came and gave us instructions of where best to park the car and which door to use for best access, and she had reserved us a well placed table suitable for wheelchair.

2  Thank Derek G