“Surprisingly nice for the price”

Days Inn Morristown
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Morristown
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Room cost with rack coupon was $39.99, $46 with tax. Wow! Can't beat that. Room was spacious and had fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron and iron board. It also had a bath seat so it may have been a handicapped room, but I did not ask for a handicap room. Bathroom was twice the size of the last hotel I stayed in. Two queen beds, with a choice of pillow density. Wifi worked on the first try, TV was not a flat screen but certainly adequate. Everything appeared clean; furniture was slightly worn but not badly. Linens were fine - clean, and not worn, ripped or stain as others have mentioned. Bed was comfortable. Lastly, the front desk worker was friendly, fast and efficient. I would not hesitate to stay in this hotel for a week if I needed to be in the area. Can't understand why others are so unhappy with this place.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the new building
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
John B, Manager at Days Inn Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank You for your recent stay at Days Inn Morristown. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We always try to give the best value for the room. We look forward to when you next visit us. Thank you

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Both rooms were at least 90 degrees and smelled horribly when we arrived. Holes in sheets and stained carpets. We had to pay $5 more for each room because another customer was trying to get the same room while we were on the phone with Hotels.com. If this wasn't enough I was charged without warning another $50 fee because the housekeeper saw a dog in the room. I could understand that fee if it were true but unfortunately for the owners I have photo proof of my dog 8 hours away with friends. Keep driving for another option or stay in your car!

Room Tip: Rooms smell and the bathrooms are gross, keep driving!
1  Thank ScrewedByDaysInn2014
Reviewed 19 June 2014

i have read these reviews and i just have to wonder if someone has a grudge on these people and just having their friends write bad reviews! I stayed here with a friend for a couple nights I was very please with several things. the check in was very pleasant and quick. the young lady working the desk was so friendly and helpful also very nice to look at and to speak with. i also talked with the manager when i was checking out. he was pleasant aswell. they did everything to make my stay comfortable. and i am hard to please. the room was old yes but not dirty by no means. i saw housekeeping working in the rooms and they take their time in the rooms. my room was cleaned to my liking each day. when i arrived my room did not have a bad smell, it had no smell at all. i would suggest maybe getting something to put in the rooms to help with that. over all i had a great stay and will be staying here everytime i need a break from home thank u days inn staff for going out of ur way to make ur guest happy!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
John B, Manager at Days Inn Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Thank you for your recent stay at Days Inn Morristown. We are glad that we met your expectations. We look forward to your next stay with us. Thanks

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I bet fleas won't even stay there... Disgusting. Keep driving to next hotel. Shame on mgmnt and cleaning crew. Vile. Thick stained syrupy carpets holes in sheets makeup on pillow cases. Refused to use bathroom went to mcdonalds instead. Foul place

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Tenngalnow
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This was a mini vacation to Morristown because my son and his friends were in a disc golf tournament. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was minimal. I understand it was a continental breakfast, but it was were skimpy. I went to get a cup of coffee, but there was none. None had even been made. I prefer "brewed" coffee vs. the make your own in the room. The cups for milk were the Dixie cup size. That's about the biggest complaint. The room did have a strong smoke smell (non smoking room), but after a while we got used to it. I later saw the maid smoking outside the rooms with the room doors open. That could explain the smell. Overall, I was pleased. We just ate at breakfast at McDonalds which as just one exit away so no big deal.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
1  Thank Tammie L
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
2  Thank Shawn W
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I wanted a weekend get away. I stayed at this hotel and it was a very nice stay. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff we easy to talk to and was helpful. I will be staying here whenever I return to morristown

Room Tip: try one of the renovated rooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
John B, Manager at Days Inn Morristown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for your recent stay at Days Inn Morristown. We strive to provide the best customer service and the best rooms. We look forward to your next stay with us.