Stayed the weekend of 3/28 along with a traveling girls basketball team, in town for a tournament. What a disaster. At no time during the entire stay did we have any hot or even warm water. We were told different things - they had a new water heater installed, they were aware of it, the heater could not handle full capacity of the hotel (77 rooms), try to take a shower at off hours, etc. This weekend's weather was cold and rainy, the girls wanted nothing more than a warm shower after a long day of playing basketball.
When we returned from the tourney on the first day (Saturday late afternoon), we noticed our door had the door jam on it (meaning it was open). We immediately went to the front desk to ask about it, and were told they were sorry, but the cleaning crew was on that floor earlier in the day and maybe they forgot to give us towels. You forgot? What kind of response is that? They went on further to say "look, I have alot of security cameras here, and I can see your room from the front desk. I am sure no one went in the room while you were away." Never an apology.
We tried to take showers at midnight, at 2am, at 5am and never got anything but cold water. The rooms are dingy and in need of updating. There is a sign in the lobby that is referencing renovations and "sorry for the mess" but that is the only indicator we saw of future improvements.
I felt bad for the desk employee on Sunday morning, telling patron after patron that she was sorry that there was no warm water available. It was not her fault, she did receive the brunt of complaints though.
Comfort Suites REALLY needs to step up here and do something about those for the people that stayed there this past weekend.
Bottom line, spend a little more money and stay somewhere else until they figure out the issues and get them resolved. For sure, if you are planning a stay there this weekend, as them to confirm their hot water heater issue has been resolved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located in the heart of Morristown, have Double, King and Jacuzzi Suite rooms with sleeper sofas,Coffee pot,flat screen tv and micro-fridge for reasonable prices. Free WI- FI, full hot breakfast with waffle bar, 24 hour coffee, dry cleaning services available. Within walking distance to local restaurants. Indoor pool, fitness on site, Plus guests are welcome to use National Fitness Center for there fitness needs while staying with us. 24 hr security cameras.We are close to Carson-Newman university,Walter state college, Cherokee lake and One hour to great smoky mountain national park. Recently under new management, and currently upgrading our amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Quality Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Morristown
- Comfort Suites Morristown
- Morristown Comfort Suites