Having grown up in Morristown, I was very pleased to see a new hotel built when my wife and I came in to visit my parents and family. For our next visit, over Thanksgiving, we choose to stay at the Comfort Suites and couldn't have been much more disappointed.
We first went through a mix-up with the rooms and ended up with rooms for us and our children on opposite sides of the hotel - no way to obtain rooms side by side or even in the same hall. The kids were young teenagers at the time and capable of using common sense, but it would have been a little less worrisome if they were nearby.
The indoor pool wasn't available for use by the kids (the only indoor pool in town and another attractive feature, we thought, when we made the reservation). We were never able to learn why the pool was out of service.
Through the course of our four night stay, the room termperatures could not be moderated, constantly going from very hot to warm and back to very hot. The fire alarm went off three times in one night - the night desk clerk said it was due to humidity - and the mattress on our bed (a supposedly new mattress) was of such poor quality that I slept on the sofa the last two nights.
Lastly, the staff just didn't seem interested - the place wasn't cleaned well and the desk staff didn't bother to help us with requests (like extra pillows to try to handle the poor matress). I ended up chasing down a woman going into the linen closet one day just to get a couple of extra pillows.
We've since stayed at the Holiday Inn or the Hampton Inn, both a few blocks down the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located in the heart of Morristown, have Double, King and Jacuzzi Suite rooms with sleeper sofas,Coffee pot,flat screen tv and micro-fridge for reasonable prices. Free WI- FI, full hot breakfast with waffle bar, 24 hour coffee, dry cleaning services available. Within walking distance to local restaurants. Indoor pool, fitness on site, Plus guests are welcome to use National Fitness Center for there fitness needs while staying with us. 24 hr security cameras.We are close to Carson-Newman university,Walter state college, Cherokee lake and One hour to great smoky mountain national park. Recently under new management, and currently upgrading our amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Quality Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Morristown
- Comfort Suites Morristown
- Morristown Comfort Suites