“A great value - clean and quiet”

Super 8 Morristown/South
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Morristown
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This was a welcome find after a long trip. All you need to know is that this is at 5400 S. Davy Crocket, which happens to be just north of 81 and across from Cracker Barrel. It was clean quiet, comfortable, and priced right.
We missed the entrance drive the first time. The road has been rebuilt, and the old entrance closed off, so you must go up to the Weigels gas station and turn on that road to get to the motel. It shows on the map as being at the exit #8 of highway 81, (S. Davy Crockett, which is also 25E) just north of 81.
I will most definitely stay here next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: No elevator. There are other Super 8 in this area. Make sure that you select Super 8 SOUTH, not som...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Morristown/South

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I called myself "choosing" a decent place to stay for my trip to Morristown. The ratings were better than the other hotels, but it was a bit further than I would have liked from my grandmother's home, but i knew the area, and i thought it would be OK. Well the first room they gave me, unfortunately, I found an ant crawling on me 5 minutes after settling in. Then I saw two more on the chair and on the table I set up my laptop on. They gave me a new room with no hassle. I showed the lady who came up 5 minutes after I told them about the ants what I saw. she also saw them and sprayed the area. she said, "They like sweet stuff". i checked the new room closely, but it was clean. The rooms were decent. I liked the shower. (photo uploaded). While I was bringing in my stuff from my car, i noticed a dead cricket on the landing between the first and second floors. I checked in on Wednesday afternoon. Well, it is now Friday night and I check out on Saturday morning. I was coming up the same stairs and the same dead cricket is in the same spot! It is a clear indication this hotel is NOT cleaned on a regular basis. If a guest can clearly see the cricket, how could the cleaning folks, or especially the manager, miss it? It is not that small.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Philly-In-Durham
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was great, very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I am wheel chair bound the handicapped room was perfect. plenty of room to maneuver and very comfortable. this will be my hotel of choice when I visit the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sheri V
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We always select our motel a day ahead and reserve it. I like having a confirmation number. Getting into this property isn't as well marked as getting to the Best Western. We pulled alongside the road and called to ask how to get into it since fence was between us and it. But the directions were easy and we made it. The "back" door was kept open all night. True, that does make for fresh air in the hallways, but it is a problem with safety and security. Perhaps there isn't a concern .... yet. So, think about locking that door. We stay exclusively at Wyndham properties unless there isn't one where we need to stay. This is the first property on this trip that didn't have fruit or yogurt available for breakfast. We usually go to breakfast near the end of the breakfast time so sometimes the breakfast support person has to retrieve more supplies. I always ask and the clerk always brings out what appears to be missing. At this property this morning, I asked about fruit and yogurt. I was told there was none. There was one muffin in the tray and there were a few pieces of bread and some butter and jelly. There was also juice and dry cereal as well as waffles. There weren't even donuts which the room note said would be for breakfast. When I asked, I was told two things by two different staff. The first said that the manager would bring those items for breakfast and the manager wouldn't arrive until after breakfast was over. That meant that no one should expect fruit or yogurt today. Then another person said they had had both yogurt and fruit over the weekend, but it had all been eaten and they didn't have any more. I asked what the Monday guests could have and got a smile in response. So, all I had was coffee for breakfast.

When we first walked in a baby was crying and a dog was barking, but things settled down in the evening and we slept well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
Best Western Plus Morristown Conference Center Hotel
#7 of 12 in Morristown
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Bulls Gap

Been to Super 8 Morristown/South? Share your experiences!