“Hard review to write.”

Econo Lodge
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Morristown
“Hard review to write.”
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

This is a hard review to write because this is the third time I've stayed at this particular property.The first two times I stayed there the room was clean and comfy.This time however the room was not as clean and I had to have them change the sheets. I would probably stay here again because the price is very reasonable and the staff is friendly.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Morristown, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 September 2013

For the class hotel - budget - I found that what was important to me was right there; my room was clean and didn't stink, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the hotel was quiet at night. I found I did not miss the alarm clock (most of us have cell phones that can play that part) or the fact that they didn't have all that bread stuff for breakfast; just a pot of coffee out front, which, frankly, was way better than the coffee at the prior hotel I stayed at.
If you're looking for a decent budget hotel give this a try.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lisa O
TN
Reviewed 25 August 2012

No wake up calls, no alarms clocks, towels are like sandpaper, no AC in hallway, AC turned down in room after cleaning, no one stays at the front desk, no microwave, barely can understand anyone. Traffic light on the road gives you 2 seconds to get off the line and over three massive mounds in the road (have to drive slow over or you bottom out), before you get pictured for a ticket. Got 2 tickets in 2 days. You save $20 but not worth the experience.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Michael B

Travellers are raving about these Morristown hotels

Morristown, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I recently stayed overnight in this hotel with my daughter and three relatives who were all senior citizens. Even though the hotel looked pretty much desserted, we were told that our rooms were on the second floor---no elevator. When you step in to the hotel you immediately smell smoke. Once you get into the halls your eyes begin to burn because it is so strong. After all but one of our party had carried all of their belongings upstairs, the receptionist stopped the last person and told her that she could probably find a room downstairs for us. We were happy because we thought this would save us from going up and down the stairs so much and because the rooms and hallway upstairs smelled so smoky. When we were placed downstairs the rooms smelled much more smokier than the ones upstairs. The receptionist offered to spray the rooms for us. We asked if she could find us rooms that did not smell. She opened the rooms across the hall and they were not as....... bad. We discussed whether to go to another hotel but decided to stay put. As we were entering the downstairs, someone was coming in the backdoor with a cigarette in his hand. Keep in mind while you are reading this that all of the rooms that we were taken to were "non-smoking" rooms. The smoke detector was missing from our room but the wires were still hanging down. In the room that I stayed in we all three stepped on carpet tacks where the carpet was coming up in front of the bathroom. The bedspread had very large cigarette burns in it and there was a spring that had popped out of the mattress. The alarm clock had buttons missing and did not work. When I went down for breakfast the next morning there was still at least an hour and a half left for breakfast to be served. My mom got the last bagel and there were only about 1-2 muffins left and no one around to restock. My Aunt had to ask for coffee to be made. I definitely will tell anyone who asks not to stay in an Econo Lodge. This may be an isolated incident but it will be my first and last visit to an Econo Lodge.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Arizona
Reviewed 26 June 2012

The receptionist was friendly and gave directions to a local restaurant.

One thing I must mention is that the bed sheets had very big patches of yellow stains in them. On further inspection it appeared the sheets were clean but were just badly stained with about 4 big patches on the other side of the bed. I really don't know why the hotel can't just throw out stained sheets as they leave such a bad impression on a guest. There's nothing more welcoming than clean white sheets. Despite this, the bed was comfortable.

The room had an old school air conditioner. In the middle of the night it got very cold in the room and although there was a heater option it didn't work. I didn't have a blanket in the room, only the bed throw and I don't like to use bed throws as hotels never wash them. At least if I had a blanket I could cover it with the sheet.

The room was clean and they allowed me a late check out, which was helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Montreal
Reviewed 17 June 2012 via mobile

This motel is adjacent to a main highway, but is set back off the street enough that you don't hear any ambient street noise. There is a McDonalds just across the street. It's clearly a family-run operation, too, as Mom, Dad, and daughter helped at various points during my stay. I stayed in a second-floor room that looks to have been recently renovated, and it was extremely quiet. The carpets were clean, and the bedspreads looked in good shape. The beds were firm and the bed linens were pristine. The room has a mini-fridge. The hotel serves a small buffet breakfast.

Aside from the nice staff, the greatest advantage of this place is probably the price. It lacks some of the fancier amenities, but that didn't bother me in the slightest. I'd stay here again if I was in the area.

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Bonbonmontreal
Kentucky
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I wasn't overly excited to be staying at an Econo Lodge, but I have to say that I really can't complain! We arrived at 11pm and left the next morning, so it was not a long stay. It was very clean and quiet, though.
PROS
~Large bathroom, refridgerator, thermostat controlled air, limited breakfast
CONS
~no alarm clock, carpet was frayed in spots
For a one night stay, this hotel was just fine.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family