“Beautiful Well Appointed New Hotel...but the train whistles”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites College Square
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Morristown
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful Well Appointed New Hotel...but the train whistles”
Reviewed 12 June 2008

This is a year old very well appointed hotel. Very very clean, lovely lounge, breakfast area and rooms. Breakfast was great. I would recomend it to anyone needing to stay in Morristown.....I am a light sleeper and I kept hearing trains and their whisles at a crossing very near us and the next crossing up the road. I never did see the trains but BOY could I hear them. Light sleepers BEWARE.....My husband had no problems. Just wanted to make you especially aware of the whistles. The hotel was perfect except for that. I wish all hotels were as nice.

• Liked — NEW NEW NEW
  • Disliked — Train Whistles
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank TheArtTeacher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Indiana
Reviewed 18 September 2007

My wife, two sons and I stayed here while travelling through. The hotel is new (opened May, 2007) and the rooms are comfortable. The breakfast includes biscuits and gravy - a local favorite.

The staff was polite and helpful. The boys enjoyed the pool.

• Liked — entirely no smoking facility
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
elizabethtown, ky
Reviewed 21 July 2007

hotel had just opened. front desk clerk, tony, i think, went out of his way to make us feel welcomed. we will stay here again when we come thru this area again.

• Liked — great front desk staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank big-dad
Kentucky
Reviewed 4 July 2007

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express with my teenage daughter and her friend. We were there for a quick getaway and to watch some friends play baseball.
I cannot say enough good things about our experience there. The hotel staff were all just as friendly and helpful as could be. The rooms were spacious, everything was exceptionally clean and the beds were amazingly comfortable.
As I said, we came to watch a baseball tournament so there were two full baseball teams in the hotel. This meant that we had to take a room with only a king size bed and needed a rollaway. The hotel located this and a couple of brand new pillows for us immediately and did not charge us for any of it. They also gave us the ball team rate for our room even though we were only there to watch and did not have a family member playing ball.
The continental breakfast was excellent! More variety than in most hotels.
They were even willing to give us late checkout and call them if the last game was over late and we couldn't make it back even for late checkout.
If you ever have reason to stay in Morristown, Tn. this is the hotel to stay in. Our stay was relaxing, easy and fun! Even the baseball players were pleasant, polite and fairly quiet.

• Liked — The friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff
  • Disliked — There was nothing I didn't like
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
BEST WESTERN PLUS Morristown Conference Center Hotel
#12 of 12 in Morristown
Hampton Inn Dandridge
Hampton Inn Dandridge
#1 of 8 in Dandridge

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites College Square? Share your experiences!