Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites College Square
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Morristown
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I was in Morristown for a week on business. This hotel has extremely friendly staff, that room was clean, and the breakfast was pretty good. There is a pizza chain place literally across the street, so that was convenient when I got hungry some nights. I'm not in Morristown much, but if I find myself there again, I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Levi B

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Thank goodness we found this hotel!! We had made the mistake of not booking something in advance (were going to stop 1/2 way into our trip for the night) and had called at least 20 places that had no vacancy before finally getting a reservation here--another Holiday Inn Express gave us the info. It was about 15-20 minutes out of the way of our travel, but worth it!! We have 2 kids 2 and under and it was pouring down rain...such a bad night turned good by the friendly help of the employees at Holiday Inn--thanks!! Breakfast, room both great-priced right--would most certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I've stayed at the hotel currently ranked #1 and Trip Advisor has it wrong - this Holiday Inn is far superior to anything else in Morristown! I say that because I was absolutely dreading returning to Morristown on business. My colleague convinced me to stay here and it completely changed my opinion of the entire city.
It is worth noting that this hotel is actually located in Morristown. The hotel currently ranked #1 for Morristown is out along the interstate and is not conveniently located near anything. So if you need to be in Morristown do yourself a huge favor and stay here. There are plenty of good restaurants nearby and you'll save yourself a lot of hassle not having to drive or wait for delivery out by the interstate.
The front desk staff here is delightful. They provided plenty of suggestions for local restaurants and even described cuisine because they made a point to have new restaurants cater meals to the staff so they knew what they were recommending. Above and beyond customer service.
The room had soaring ceilings and comfy beds. Everything was very quiet until the housekeeping staff arrived in the morning. They left a walkie talkie on the cart outside my room that made it impossible to finish work or watch TV. And by 9am someone had tried to enter my room to clean it, twice. That woman was on it! She was good at her job though - it was very tidy.
Because the room was a bit chilly in the evening I spent an hour reading by the indoor pool which was very comfortable.

Pros:
- Don't miss the biscuits at breakfast - they're so good I had two.
- Everyone here takes pride in their work which makes for a pleasant stay.
- Location can't be beat for business in Morristown.
- This is truly the best hotel experience in this region.

Cons:
- Cleaning staff are early birds.

Overall:
- I will happily return to Morristown because this hotel made my visit exponentially better than my last trip to this region.

Room Tip: Try to get on the second floor away from the road. The staff congregated by our first floor room in...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ellabeas
Linda D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites College Square, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you very much for the lovely comments above! I will be sure to pass this on to my staff, and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

This place was wonderful. The overall facility was clean and well put together. Breakfast was great for the 4 days I was there for work. The room was cleaned everyday. The biggest thing I was most impressed about was the customer service. I left behind a leather jacket wroth over $150 after my stay. I didn't realize it was gone for about a month after I left the hotel. I called to see if by some small chance it was still there and the hotel STILL had it. I was amazed at the honesty from all of the staff members and well run facility.I highly recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We had a very nice stay. The gentleman at the front desk on the evening of our visit was more than friendly and informative. He was extremely kind. The room was clean. the entire establishment was quiet, clean and nicely decorated. The pool area is nice but no hot tub which was unfortunate. The breakfast was very good and the morning staff were friendly. You feel safe here and it is very comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This HI Express is really nice and like new. The staff here is first class. They are all cheerful, polite and helpful. The rooms are spacious and clean. My only complaints were minor. The mattress pad between the fitted sheet and the mattress was like sandpaper. Also, the workout room has equipment that wasn't functioning which was also mentioned in previous reviews. Other than those issues, all was good.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this property over the weekend. Staff is friendly and the hotel is clean. Internet connectivity was strong. Breakfast buffet was well stocked and the hot food was hot. Used the business center to print my boarding pass bad the computer and printer worked well. Would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
Best Western Plus Morristown Conference Center Hotel
Comfort Inn & Suites Rogersville
Hampton Inn Dandridge
Hampton Inn Dandridge
#1 of 8 in Dandridge

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites College Square? Share your experiences!