“An older motel .”
Review of Prom Country Lodge

Prom Country Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Foster
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in oktober and the first impression was that it is a bit worn down.
Our room was spacious but not that clean.
The floor before the fridge was sticky even the second day and the table was not cleaned either when we arrived.

The restaurant was closed because they said they had no chef anymore.
Our travel agency mentioned a spa and sauna but we didn't find any.

The staff at the reception was very friendly

Sorry to say that this was the less accomodation we had during our vacation in Australia.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

The motel is quite old but in a reasonable condition. The room we stayed in was clean and the heater worked eventually. Unfortunately the restaurant was closed for dinner so we had to walk into Foster on a freezing cold night. The parking area is unpaved and other patrons seem to take a casual approach to parking. Our allocated parking spot outside our room was taken by a 4WD towing a quad bike taking up his spot and ours. So we had to be equally creative and park our motorcycles on the concrete walkway. When in Rome. The hot breakfast delivered to the room was very nice and reasonably priced, as was the room itself.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The motel was ideally situated in the town of Foster. The rooms were older but very very clean and reasonably priced. Spacious parking outside the room and electric blankets on the beds for extra warmth required in winter.
It has a pool and airconditioning that weren't required on our visit.
Owners very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2013

With no other accommodation available around Wilson Prom, I have been tempted to book 2 nights at this motel in April for long weekend in June, but I was put off by all the comments from the internet. I thought about this for 2 months, and surprisingly there were still plenty of rooms available when I looked at it again early June. I ended up staying at this motel for a night and depends on how things goes and I might stay for another night. It did not work out well, and we realized it would be better to shorten the trip and come back to Wilsons Prom another time when we can get better accommodation around Wilsons Prom.

The Motel is alright, standard motel quality, but comparing to all the motels I stayed at in other small towns in the past few years, I would say $135 is definitely overpriced for this quality.

You can hear the traffic noise, but it isn't too bad as there were not too many cars passing by after dark. I used the air-con/heater unit to heat up the room and as someone mentioned, the air-con unit is noisy as hell, and I kept woken up by the noise at night (luckily, found a a small portable heater in the room, I am not sure how people cope with that in summer).

I can see some of the things that have already been done to improve the room quality, such as LCD TV, Heater in bathroom and probably carpet as well, but it just isn't enough. At a $135 per night, I have to honestly say I would expect more than this even at this location. Curtain probably need replacing soon, they look very old and they can't closed properly. The bedside table is probably too tall, and I was wondering if I would hit that sharp edge with my eye at night and gone blind. Bed has electric blanket fitted, but it also has an unknown device attached to it on the bed just below my pillow and I had a look at it, and the only way you can get rid of it was to take out the electric blanket completely, which I was not prepare to do at 11:30pm at night and I was annoyed if I had to get help on this around this time. I ended up putting a pillow on top of it and adjust my sleeping instead of sleeping on it with my back which it would probably hurt the next day.

I think this motel has got potential, but it is up to the owner if they want to do something about it (maybe putting a white plaster wall?). It is quite worrying there were still plenty of rooms available when everywhere else have been fully booked. I do not hate this motel, it is standard motel quality, I would only come back to this motel as last resort if I had to be in this area and completely desperate for a room.

Price probably need to go down or quality of the room needs to be improved to attract more positive feedback.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights, it is an older motel but very very clean, the room we stayed in was big and the beds were very comfy, the air conditioner was a bit noisy but did the job and kept the room cool. The rooms could do with a little re- modelling to bring it up to date as they are old style. The pool was nice to swim in but could do with a bit of work, tiles falling off and the bottom liner is lifting. The garden could have been tidier as well. But these are just little things and you can get past it. Overall this motel is very lovely and I would stay here again and if I am ever in the area I will book. It was a pleasure staying here. Thank You

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times for business, each time for an overnight stay. This is unusual because i am sure 95% of guests would be tourists. It's 50m off the Princess Highway, so easy to access. Don't be put off because its so close to the highway - in this part of the world traffic seems to stop between 9pm and 6am, so noise just isn't a problem.
The rooms I have stayed in have always been extremely clean an spacious. Each has a minibar and coffee facilities. The beds are comfortable. Best of all is the easy access and quietness. Each room is very spacious, with large windows looking onto dense natural bush and ferns - very relaxing views. The rooms have a big flat screen TV. The set up also makes you feel very private.

I should qualify my description to emphasise each time I stayed in the 'deluxe' rooms. I expect the regular rooms are not of the same high standard.

If I had a criticism I would say the dining room has an older worn out feel to it. I avoid eating breakfast there. There is a good bakery in town, just a 2 min drive or 10 min walk away.
The only other disappointment is the free wifi, which is so slow its better to use your own 3G connection.

Beat tip: get dinner a the local pub, The Exchange Hotel - a pleasant 10 min walk away. Great food and a real country experience.

In summary, staying here is a very pleasant experience, every time, and a lovely clean and quiet break where you'll get a good night sleep.

Room Tip: Stay in the so-called deluxe rooms. Room 14 has a huge spa bath if this interests you.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank DocM-Melbourne
Reviewed 29 March 2012

A lot bigger than it looks from the road, we were given a room at the back of the property, very quiet and a lovely bush setting. Although not new, this motel is well cared for, clean and comfortable,

Room Tip: Not sure, we were at the back, and it was fine.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mariner2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foster
Opal Motel
#3 of 3 in Fish Creek
Promhills Cabins
Promhills Cabins
#1 of 11 in Yanakie

Been to Prom Country Lodge? Share your experiences!