“fantastic”
Review of Rugantino's Restaurant - CLOSED

Rugantino's Restaurant
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Frankston, Australia
“fantastic”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Went to Rugantinos the other night with my partner and it was fabulous the food and staff were great very attentative and welcoming no problems at all and i must say the decor looks fresh as they have made changes well done we'll be back.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Joshua B

Melbourne, Australia
“Average at best”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We dined here one mid week evening and the food was quite ok but nothing to write home about. We returned a second time, but were disappointed with both the food and the service. The restaurant was quiet (only being 6.00 pm) and we had booked yet were ushered to a table right next to another couple dining. I always find this to be a strange and annoying habit of wait staff, would they want to sit right next to another couple listening in on their conversation when there were other tables for two further away?? We noticed the same thing happened to another group that came in, the waiter attempting to squash them up to other diners. They also requested another table.

Having got settled we requested an ice bucket which didn't arrive. There was several wait staff standing around and it took a while to make eye contact for us to re-request the ice bucket. I think the staff must presume everyone is in a great hurry because we hadn't even opened our menus' before being asked for our order.

I ordered the flathead tails with chips and salad which was fine and my husband the chicken Caesar salad which he said was nice, a step up from the normal chicken Caesar in restaurants which is normally a bit on the dry side.

I think the service and the tired décor let down what would otherwise been a very pleasant meal. The prices were reasonable, but don't come here if you want to have a date night with your spouse. It's rushed and not very romantic.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank naomiedwards2013
Melbourne, Australia
“outstanding”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Myself and my girlfriend went to rugantinos for the first time and i must admit the food was of high quality food and fantastic,the service was great and friendly so i have no idea what the previous review is on about.I would recommend this fine italian restaurant to everyone.

• Visited April 2014
Frankston, Australia
“Overall disappointing.”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We ordered dinner from here and the food took 2 HOURS to be delivered to our home. One pizza and a simple pasta should not take that long to prepare. When the food finally arrived the pizza was soggy and it tasted terrible and the pasta was so average it made me sad that I paid $11 for it. They did however give us a free coke to make up for the poor service we received but it was still the worst food experience we have had to date. Even if the food arrived on time I would not recommend it to my friends and I certainly would not eat from there again.

• Visited April 2014
melbourne
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

A great restaurant run by the sane family for years I have been there numerous times and have had excellent service and food A great place to have dinner with friends.I have been using their delivery service the last few contacts and service is just as good as in the restaurant The restaurant caters for all tastes and has an extensive menu probably one of my favourite restaurants in frankston

• Visited December 2013