“Great tour, great wine & fabulous cheese platter!”

Seppelt Great Western
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great tour, great wine & fabulous cheese platter!”
Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

We stopped in here over the weekend for the drive tour. Our guide, Kerry was fantastic... Friendly & very knowledgable with a great sense of humour. The tour itself was very interesting & gave a great insight into the history of the place. Wine tasting was excellent & servings were generous (unlike other wineries I've been to) however the highlight of the trip would have to be the cheese platter.. It was DELICIOUS!!!

Sydney, Australia
“Sean EK”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I went with Sean E omg it was the best time i have ever had I couldn't believe how great he was driving me all the way there I told my husband I went on a bus. What a doosh... I wont say anymore.LOL Donna C. ID

Visited March 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Well worth it!!”
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I would highly reccommend the underground tour!! Really interesting, with lots of detail and history. Not really one for small kids, though!! Beautifully grounds! Well worth taking a picnic lunch!!!

Visited October 2012
Mount Gambier
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Worth a look, but pricey.”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

The underground tour was very interesting, although $15 for a 7 year old was a bit pricey, she had no interest in the tour! There is no 'family' price. I thought the wines were avarage and didnt purchase any, the food was too expensive for us to eat there - $10 for a pie.
The tour guide seemed a bit nervous, giggling a lot, but had quite a bit of knowledge.

Visited December 2012
Bilthoven, The Netherlands
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“French cellars in Great Western”
Reviewed 2 December 2012

We did the cellar tour with wine tasting. Nice to hear the history and to see the underground cellars.It is like France only the bottles are filled with water and the cellars are no longer in use for the wine industry. But good that they still excist and wonderfull spot for celebrations. The wine tasting was nice and also the red sparkling wine is al little strange for us from Europe but for New Years Evening in Australië it will be great to drink.

Visited October 2012