“Perfect for families”
Review of Halls Haven Resort

Halls Haven Resort
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Recently stayed in the deluxe cabin with our 2 year old and 4 month old. Very clean cabin which was well laid out and suited our requirements. The hosts were very friendly and accommodating, offering our 2 year old the chance to feed the alpacas and play with their piglet. Great family friendly place not too far from the township, will be back for sure!

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

our hosts were lovely!!!great place to stop with there young kids and very reasonably priced. we played basketball, fed animals and had a go at golf. pitty we only stayed one night there was so much to do. thanks for a lovely time we will certainly be back :)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I booked a room for my sister in law and I, and informed the owners that I have a small, house trained dog. They said this would be fine - and their website even claims that their place is 'pet friendly.' However upon asking they said they weren't but would make an exception. I was charged an extra $40 cleaning fee before she even saw my small dog or we had stayed.

We were made to feel extremely uncomfortable upon our arrival, were told our dog had better not bark, and had better not get any dog fur in the room. A bit hard to superglue a dogs fur to it's body! She was really well behaved, didn't bark, and was never left alone in the room - spent all her time with us sightseeing. I received a nasty email upon my return home saying that the dog had left defecation all over the place and they would need to get it professionally clean. my dog DID NOT defecate inside - she is house trained! I am really disgusted that I would receive a nasty email accusing me of something that didn't happen - it's most likely dirt brought in on shoes from outside!

I would not recommend staying here - the price was not good, and the hospitality was dreadful and downright rude. There are much nicer places to stay in the Grampians - this was all that was available at the last minute.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank emmae728
Geoff W, Owner at Halls Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Here is a copy of emails sent from Roisen and replies from us. You be the judge !!!!!!!
Name roisin
Email roisinemma@hotmail.com
Subject pet policy
Message Hi there,
just wondering what your policy is and regulations about pets? I see on your website the place is pet friendly, but what are the guidelines? I have a small dog.thank you for your inquiry as a general rule we do not allow animals on the property however there could be a situation when we could do that it all depends of few things when were you thinking of coming and for how long also, what kind of a dog you have if you will get back to us with the additional information we will be able to let you know more hope this helps regards Iwona.Hi Iwona,I wanted to come up week after next for a couple of nights- I am a school teacher and on holidays. I have a small pug - she is extremely well trained. I would have her with me most of the time anyway, so not really around just for sleeping.Hello Roisin, thank you for staying at Halls Haven Resort, you have now set the guide lines for all pet owners who would have liked to stay on our premises. We will have to get a professional carpet cleaner in to clean the spots where your well trained dog defecated on the floor. The beds are made for humans not dogs E.G. HAIR ALL OVER DOONA COVER. When you arrived you assured Iwona that you had your own dog blanket and your well trained dog would not get on bed or couch. This is very disappointing to us that the first time we let a ( professional person, School Teacher not setting a good example to your students by the way) pet owner stay here, the end results are going to cost us money, and we will not let any other pet owners bring their dogs in the future. It would have been nice if you had at least told us what had happened before leaving. This email will be used to explain the reason for our decision on excluding pets in our resort from here onwards. Regards Geoff To finish you booked a room for 1 person and a dog then came with 1 extra person and a child in our 1 bed room unit for 2 people only

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We recently spent 3 nights over the Easter school holidays at Halls Haven Resort in a 2 bedroom unit. While not 5 star, the unit was clean, spacious and had all the amenities we needed while set in a very large acreage around 5 minutes from Halls Gap township. The owners were very friendly and helpful and there were lots of things for the kids to do there such as a pool (though the weather was not conducive for swimming), bikes for the kids to ride around, a pet pig and alpacas to feed, a golf driving range, basketball court, a bush walking track, videos to suit all ages to loan and best of all free of charge. We spent the first night by a lovely outdoor fire roasting marshmallows while looking at a great view of the mountains. A very relaxing, family friendly place to stay while at a affordable price. Highly recommend, we will be going back

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I recently stayed at Halls Haven for 3 nights with my toddler daughter, and would highly recommend it for anyone looking for a resort with a difference. We stayed in a two bedroom unit, which looked nicely updated, very comfortable and were exactly as the website showed, but when we come back with the whole family we'll be booking the deluxe cottage, because they're just gorgeous (but a bit big for two of us - they're basically a home!)

We didn't get to use the pool because it was too cold, but it looked lovely. We made use of the free DVD's, my daughter loved the alpacas and goats, and the setting is just gorgeous.

Friendly hospitality, great service, quiet and relaxing, but just a hop from the town centre. If you're after a quality place to stay where you can just stay all day or head out into town, I'd recommend it highly.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I recently booked into Halls Haven Resort for a romantic getaway. We booked via a hotel booking website but of course checked out the hotels website to. We were completely mislead and were presented with incorrect pictures of the motel online and when we got to the resort were completely shocked. We had booked into a cottage and got a cheap looking motel room that was on top of every body else including a family of people with a baby on our doorstep. Stupidly i paid the balance of our bill before looking at the room. When we expressed how upset we were the owner didn't care at all, she basically told us we were wrong and why wouldn't we be happy? We went to look at other options and found the most amazing place in Halls Gap. We went back to the motel to return the key and ask for my money back. They flat out refused with not a care that they had falsely advertised their motel. The owner scoffed at me, "why would you expect to get a nice cottage for the price we paid ($420), this is peak season in Halls Gap." When in fact, we got the most amazing house, private, fire place, clean, huge spa for that same price as the motel room offer to us at the "resort". Absolutely despicable. I followed up with the owners after our departure to further offer a compromise of giving me half my money back, they flat out refused again and tried to blame it on me. However they are the ones who manage their various websites.

The motel is fine, i have stayed in motels, but my point being that don't mislead guests into your motel, and don't turn around and try to blame it all on your guest, be careful in what you book. You can get so many better options, much much better options in Halls Gap then this place. It is completely over priced for what you get and once you hand over that money, you won't get it back no matter what.

Completely disappointed in how the management treated me and my boyfriend. They can't manage their own affairs and blame their guests. Disgrace. I would never recommend this place to anyone, there are tonnes of better options for every kind of holiday in Halls Gap.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Emma6556

Hello it would have been nice if you actually stayed here for at least 1 hour or a night to really see what happens here and enjoy the relaxed and peaceful setting that we have.
If you had looked at the web site as we did with you before you left I am sure you would have booked the deluxe spa cottage if it was available, unfortunately you booked a I bed room unit instead and expected a spa deluxe cottage for that price

Reviewed 18 January 2014

We stayed here in a 2 bedroom unit for a couple of nights and loved the place! Away from the crowds, quiet, lots of space, an awesome walking track with lots of kangaroos, birds... The unit had everything we needed. Full size fridge, air con, microwave, BBQ's, outdoor settings... Nice water feature, tennis court, pool... The owners are super friendly and helpful, along with their lovely dog :) I had no complaints, but my partner hated the bed! :(

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple