Halls Haven Resort
Halls Gap Motel(Halls Gap)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$81
Agoda.com
D'Altons Resort(Halls Gap)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$93
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Kookaburra Motor Lodge(Halls Gap)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$85
US$84
Priceline
  • Pool
Mountain View Motor Inn & Holiday Lodge(Halls Gap)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$85
  • Pool
Gariwerd Motel(Halls Gap)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$86
US$74
TripAdvisor
US$97
Priceline
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbedroom unitdriving rangepush bikesgreat place for kidsnew ownersbeautiful propertywalking tracknice stayliving areagreat familyhalls gap townshipwild kangaroosshort drivegoatstennisunitsracquets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My husband and myself have had regular holidays staying at Halls Haven for roughly 12 to 15 years now. Great place for kids, but also great for any age to relax and enjoy the piece and quite. My mother who is 86 years old loves to sit under the trees and knit or we play cards or watch the deer, emus or kangaroos roam pass us . We love to climb mountains and ride our push bikes but then you can walk out the back gate into the National State Forest and do some bush walking, it's a grat location.We always love to stay at least seven night but this time stayed even longer. We never want to leave. We just love it.
Jeff an Ebona are wonderful hosts that are very approachable attending to all your needs. The units are very clean and comfortable, pipping hot showers and kitchen has all that is required to cook your meals or have a BBQ outside. In winter the units are warm and cosy or in hot weather real cool and the beds are just right. Just do it, no regrets!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank julie s
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Recently stayed in the deluxe cabin with our 2 year old and 4 month old. Very clean cabin which was well laid out and suited our requirements. The hosts were very friendly and accommodating, offering our 2 year old the chance to feed the alpacas and play with their piglet. Great family friendly place not too far from the township, will be back for sure!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

our hosts were lovely!!!great place to stop with there young kids and very reasonably priced. we played basketball, fed animals and had a go at golf. pitty we only stayed one night there was so much to do. thanks for a lovely time we will certainly be back :)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I booked a room for my sister in law and I, and informed the owners that I have a small, house trained dog. They said this would be fine - and their website even claims that their place is 'pet friendly.' However upon asking they said they weren't but would make an exception. I was charged an extra $40 cleaning fee before she even saw my small dog or we had stayed.

We were made to feel extremely uncomfortable upon our arrival, were told our dog had better not bark, and had better not get any dog fur in the room. A bit hard to superglue a dogs fur to it's body! She was really well behaved, didn't bark, and was never left alone in the room - spent all her time with us sightseeing. I received a nasty email upon my return home saying that the dog had left defecation all over the place and they would need to get it professionally clean. my dog DID NOT defecate inside - she is house trained! I am really disgusted that I would receive a nasty email accusing me of something that didn't happen - it's most likely dirt brought in on shoes from outside!

I would not recommend staying here - the price was not good, and the hospitality was dreadful and downright rude. There are much nicer places to stay in the Grampians - this was all that was available at the last minute.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank emmae728
Geoff W, Owner at Halls Haven Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Here is a copy of emails sent from Roisen and replies from us. You be the judge !!!!!!!
Name roisin
Email roisinemma@hotmail.com
Subject pet policy
Message Hi there,
just wondering what your policy is and regulations about pets? I see on your website the place is pet friendly, but what are the guidelines? I have a small dog.thank you for your inquiry as a general rule we do not allow animals on the property however there could be a situation when we could do that it all depends of few things when were you thinking of coming and for how long also, what kind of a dog you have if you will get back to us with the additional information we will be able to let you know more hope this helps regards Iwona.Hi Iwona,I wanted to come up week after next for a couple of nights- I am a school teacher and on holidays. I have a small pug - she is extremely well trained. I would have her with me most of the time anyway, so not really around just for sleeping.Hello Roisin, thank you for staying at Halls Haven Resort, you have now set the guide lines for all pet owners who would have liked to stay on our premises. We will have to get a professional carpet cleaner in to clean the spots where your well trained dog defecated on the floor. The beds are made for humans not dogs E.G. HAIR ALL OVER DOONA COVER. When you arrived you assured Iwona that you had your own dog blanket and your well trained dog would not get on bed or couch. This is very disappointing to us that the first time we let a ( professional person, School Teacher not setting a good example to your students by the way) pet owner stay here, the end results are going to cost us money, and we will not let any other pet owners bring their dogs in the future. It would have been nice if you had at least told us what had happened before leaving. This email will be used to explain the reason for our decision on excluding pets in our resort from here onwards. Regards Geoff To finish you booked a room for 1 person and a dog then came with 1 extra person and a child in our 1 bed room unit for 2 people only

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We recently spent 3 nights over the Easter school holidays at Halls Haven Resort in a 2 bedroom unit. While not 5 star, the unit was clean, spacious and had all the amenities we needed while set in a very large acreage around 5 minutes from Halls Gap township. The owners were very friendly and helpful and there were lots of things for the kids to do there such as a pool (though the weather was not conducive for swimming), bikes for the kids to ride around, a pet pig and alpacas to feed, a golf driving range, basketball court, a bush walking track, videos to suit all ages to loan and best of all free of charge. We spent the first night by a lovely outdoor fire roasting marshmallows while looking at a great view of the mountains. A very relaxing, family friendly place to stay while at a affordable price. Highly recommend, we will be going back

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family