“a must visit if you like Indian food”
Review of Royal Saffron - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Royal Saffron
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Great food and service; very tasty - make sure you let them know if you don't like food too spicy - medium was kinda hot!

Date of visit: July 2013

Reviewed 26 December 2011

My wife and I were visiting Australia and we were taken by friends to the Grampions, staying in Halls Gap for the night. It was a Sunday and not much open but we found the Royal Saffron. The service was at best disinterested but the food was excellent. The Lamb Rogan Josh was nicely spiced and delectable. The Palak Paneer was a delicious spinach dish. The naans were good as well.

Out the window, we could see the kangaroos grazing as well as a snowy cockatoo showing off to an appreciative audience.

Date of visit: October 2011
2  Thank NJTravellingfool
Reviewed 22 December 2011

would have to return and try another dish,l wasnt over happy with what l had but that could just have been as bad choice.

Reviewed 18 December 2011

I only went once and got one curry, so I can't really comment on the entire menu, but this was essentially your standard large city curry restaurant put out in the middle of nowhere, so it was nice to have a change for the normal type of menu you would expect to find in a small town like Hall's Gap. I enjoyed the meal I got, but one word of warning--if you order a curry on take away they do not include rice automatically, so you will get back to your accommodation and discover you have no rice. I ordered the Na'an so there was not a problem for me, but if I had not, I would probably had to go back and get an order of rice. This would probably be a shock to North American visitors, as our Indian restaurants generally just throw in the rice for the price of the dish, but it is standard practice in Australian and British Indian places I have visited.

Date of visit: December 2011