“Waiting for Shane Dale to send my camera, which I left in the cottage.”

Awonga Holiday Cottages
Melbourne, Australia
“Waiting for Shane Dale to send my camera, which I left in the cottage.”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed in Awonga Cottage during Labour day holiday. We liked the place with very good location. Unfortunately I left my camera in the cottage when we left for Melbourne. When I realized I called Shane. He said give me your address and I will send it. Hope I will get my camera soon and thank Shane for his help.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Himadri D

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Stayed just one night, two bedroom "unit", just to break our drive back to Melbourne.

At $155 for the night, I think that this unit was way overpriced.

Heat pump did not work, nor did the gas heater. Couldn't even get the gas stove to work either (so we ate out).

For the two of us, only two towels were left, with two little tiny bars of soap. Shower was dirty, we cleaned it before using it.

The bedrooms were not very clean, floors hadn't been vacuumed in a while. Cobwebs everywhere.

Only the main bedroom had an electric blanket. The other had 2 sets of bunk beds (which we knew before hand), but would have been nice to have had atleast one bed made up 'properly' to sleep in (I did book for 2 adults, requiring two beds). These just had a fitted sheet over the mattress with no other sheets.

Even for a one night stay, this was way over priced. I would not stay here again.

This place could be really great if only a bit of care and attention to the simple basic things was adhered to.

Room Tip: Sorry, only tip I can add here is to stay else where.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Todd M
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We have a one bedroom self contained cottage for 4 people. A bit small but still a lovely little cottage. Quite homely feeling. The only disadvantage is that it is near to the road so it can be a bit noisy. There was a party somewhere down the road (not on the property) on the night when we were there. I think it affected the whole neighbourhood. I rated sleep quality as average because of the noise that night. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Cottage toward the back or away from main road.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family