The motel was easy to find, it was right along Grampians Road & just 5 minutes away from the Information Centre (the one at Halls Gap township is closed for renovation). The motel is very near to Halls Gap township, about 5-10 minutes drive and the motel is also very close to the Grampians attractions (e.g. The Pinnacle, Grand Canyon)
We got upgraded to the deluxe room (which i think is bigger) & the room is big, clean and tidy. The design and the furniture is rather old and dated (think 1980s) but to me, the most important thing is the cleanliness of the place.
There is a water heater, fridge, utensils (e.g. cups, plates) and a hair dryer. They also provide shampoo & shower gel but you need your own toothbrush & toothpaste. The shower was large & powerful & every shower was amazing (esp in winter!). We had two well rested nights on the bed and the place was quiet and restful.
We had dinner at the restaurant on Saturday night and the food was good but a little pricey. But after comparing the food prices for the cafes in the Halls Gap township, I realized that the prices were relatively similar. The food was good & it was a nice experience having dinner in the restaurant and their resident kangaroo (Lemon Tree) will pop by during dinner time to get his dinner from one of the windows around the restaurant.
Overall, it was a great stay and also good value for money. I would recommend the motel to others traveling to the Grampians / Halls Gap area.
Note: There isn't much to do or buy at the Halls Gap township, so it would be a good idea to bring along some food / snacks if you do not want to spend money buying them from the limited supermarket at the Halls Gap township.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grampians Motel & "The Views", Cafe, Bar & Restaurant in Halls Gap, Victoria is nestled in a peaceful valley. The Grampians Motel offers affordable and comfortable accommodation, central to the spectacular Grampians National Park. The motel is situated on 12 acres of parkland with kangaroos, deer and emu roaming freely. You will enjoy unsurpassed views of the majestic Wonderland and Mt William Mountain Ranges, inviting you to climb and explore. The Grampians Motel is complimented by "The Views" Bar & Restaurant offering very delicious meals and wines morning and night.The Motel & Restaurant are within walking distance to Brambuk Cultural Centre, World Class Adventure Golf, Lake Bellfield and is well situated to discover the numerous attractions that Halls Gap and the Grampians have to offer. This is a fantastic place to forget the stresses of your busy life, sit back with a glass of local wine and enjoy spending a little self time, in the harmony of nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Grampians Motel & The Views Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grampians Hotel Halls Gap
- The Grampians Motel & The Views Restaurant Halls Gap, Australia