“Worst experience ever. Owner of the business was disgusting.”
Review of The Galley Cafe

The Galley Cafe
Ranked #11 of 40 Restaurants in Hastings
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Worst experience ever. Owner of the business was disgusting.”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

I visited this cafe today with my elderly mother. We recieved the worst costumer service EVER from the male owner. The owner was extremely rude. My mother and I were intending on having a nice morning tea and instead I was verbally abused, disrespected and spoken down to. He told me I had a bad attitude because I was asking questions about their muffins and products for morning tea.
Service - shocking.
Attitude - shocking.
Will NEVER visit this cafe again

• Visited August 2014
6 Thank Kate-Maree W

Melbourne, Australia
“Great location for an inexpensive tasty lunch”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The Galley Cafe is located at the Hastings Marina and overlooks the water and boats. It has a neat clean indoor restaurant and an outdoor area 10 metres at most from the water. There are gas heaters for the winter and large umbrellas over the tables for shade in the warmer months.

The owner/chef John, prepares cooks everything sold there from the meats and soups through to the beautifully presented deserts. They serve great coffee. We have eaten there on several occasions now. It's the best value 'on-water' cafe in Hastings. We love going there on Sunday for John's soups. He is creative and the soups are beautiful and served with crusty bread. It is also a licenced premises.

We happily recommend a vist there for a lovely cafe meal with a difference.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank DiveMedic1
Melbourne, Australia
“City Food, Country Prices”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I frequent this cafe. The staff are friendly and the food is incredible. Their coffee is without a doubt the best coffee I've ever had.

2 Thank KarenPirpiris
“Light Lunch”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Enjoyed a light lunch and super fresh desert. Staff very friendly. A nice place to eat. Definitely will eat there again when in the area.

• Visited October 2013