“Worse than ordinary” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maroondah View Motel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Maroondah View Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Healesville
Canberra
“Worse than ordinary”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

Name implies a view. NOT possible. NO view. Room had musty smell less than bare essentials. Bed mattress hard and very old musty smelling linen. Had to pay before going to room. Office guy uncommunicative. Overall rating <0.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

Stayed here with my family, two children, aged 3 and two months and thought it was quite comfortable, well priced, loved being able to sit on the balcony when kiddies went to bed, kids fed the king parrots, family room was big, breakfast was great, shower basic but was ok, service great, the view of the hills was lovely - relaxing actually. Tried to stay on our next trip but couldn't get in, booked out. Just a basic, comfortable stay for a family, happy kiddies means happy mummy and daddy!!

• Stayed October 2012
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

Forget the name - there is no view of the Maroondah Dam! I couldn't find the balcony a previous reviewer mentioned, let alone the King Parrots, in fact I couldn't even open my window. However... all I wanted was a clean bed in a clean room and that's what I got. And... it only cost me $80 so no serious complaints from me.
This is an old motel and the rooms are very basic - I'd even call them drab. It's about 2-3 kilometres from the township and you cannot park right outside your door. But those remarks aside... I slept well and had a warm shower in the morning - albeit in a very tired bathroom.
This is NOT a honeymoon motel! But it is clean and cheap accomodation for people without high expectations..

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Paris, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

That's what this Motel should be called, 'Last Resort Motel'.
The rooms are very old, smelly and shabby. The bathroom is mouldy and dirty.
Location is about 5 ks out of town, so you can't walk anywhere to get food or drink.
Service is poor. Bedding is unsatisfactory as is the bed and pillows.
Very overpriced for the type of accommodation, maybe 1 star.

Look Elsewhere.

Room Tip: Look Elsewhere.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank ducati748af

Travellers are raving about these Healesville hotels

Gippsland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2010

When I finally found a staff member i was told that I didn't have a booking. He showed me the book and there was a lot of whited out areas, my name wasn't there, although I had recieved a phone call to confim my booking that morning and they gave me the address as I had left the directions at home.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank folletts
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2010

We stayed at the Maroondah View Motel for just one night - it was reasonably priced and happy to take a one night booking on the weekend (difficult to find in the area!). There isn't anything appealing about the look of the motel from the entrance/car park area but the view from the room is nice. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable but the small kitchenette and bathroom are in need of an upgrade. Staff on-site were difficult to locate and when checking out we couldn't find anyone. It was fine for a place to stay overnight but I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pisces_7
Melbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2009

After paying $150 a night for a balcony room you would think at least there would be heating. We had spent the day up at the snow as a birthday suprise for my little boy. We thought we had left the heating on low before we went only to find it had cut off at some stage and we could not get it going again. We approached the girl who was in charge, as the owners were away, who moved us into another unit. We went out for dinner that night only to return and find the heating not working again!!! I tried the bell for the office only to find it was unattended. We all ended up in bed very early as the electric blankets were the only sorce of warmth. Then the next morning when some staff had returned we found out that the fuses had kept blowing and as the fuse box was in the office there was nothing we could have done. As the owners were away noone was staying on site overnight to assist incase anything came up!!! To make matters worse we only got 1 person showered before the hot water ran out. After explaining all of this to the girl in charge the next morning she advised me she would let the owners know and someone would contact me upon thier return, stating I was possibly entitled to a part refund but it has now been a month and I still have had no contact. My advise is check the owners are going to be there before booking this place! I feel totally ripped off.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healesville
BEST WESTERN Yarra Valley
#1 of 1 in Yering
Yarra Valley Grand Hotel
Yarra Valley Grand Hotel
#2 of 4 in Yarra Glen

Been to Maroondah View Motel? Share your experiences!