“Great Dining Experience”

Healesville Hotel
Ranked #9 of 51 Restaurants in Healesville
Price range: US$13 - US$28
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Old world charm with new world style, this classic country hotel is at the heart of the Yarra Valley. We are now offering great food, seven days of the week using the best of the season and region. Choose from a selection of smaller snacks and tastes to nibble on with your glass of local wine... Next, let us carve some of our famous K&B charcuterie; Italian parma ham, bresaola, Spanish salamis, and our house made pork, veal and pistachio terrine... served with crusty bread, little pickled vegetables and caper berries. Our kitchen are slow cooking local lamb shoulders for 12 hours... and roasting local Berkshire pork belly. Finish with Sophie's selection of perfectly ripened cheeses, hand picked from our copper cheese cabinet in our providore, Kitchen & Butcher. Our new menu also features hearty classic 'pub style' dishes to satisfy the hungriest diner.
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I had not been to the Dining Room at this hotel for many years. We went for Sunday lunch with friends and it was a delightful experience. The airy and relaxed dining room provided a lovely ambience and the staff were attentive and informative without being pushy. My gluten free requirements were handled without fuss much to my relief. The lobster tortellini and roast scallop entrees coupled with wagu beef and a stunning three ways cooked lamb dish were well received by all. The options of 2 and 3 course set prices or a 5 course tasting plate works well. We chose the $55 per head for 2 courses and felt it was very good value for money. The extensive wine list includes a number of local yarra valley wines which led us to visit a couple of these wineries on our way home.

There are newer reviews for Healesville Hotel

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We booked a table for lunch and the atmosphere and service gave us high expectations of a special outing. We all wanted main course only so were disappointed to find very small portions with salads etc as optional extras. The two men needed the big bowl of chips but were prepared to share a few with those of us who had minimal servings of mains.

We expect generosity as part of the whole "country" hospitality scene. We got excellent service from the staff who went out of their way to make sure each diner was happy and who offered customised dishes to suit anyone who needed gluten free etc.

But this is the sort of place where you will need to have two courses to feel satisfied and if you are not after desserts, make sure you get an entree because the mains are really not standalone meals.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We could not get into the dining room as we arrived without a booking but were offered a table in the bar.
The menu was very well worded but in the end we got fish and chips and a chicken snitzel.
The food was fine but the menu fails to say that the flathead came with chips so we were advised to order a side serve of hand cut chips for $9. The flathead then arrived with chips so we had plenty of chips (they were not that great). The chicken was nice and juicy but the salad was average.
1 fish and chips, 1 chicken snitzel, 2 pots of beer and a glass of rose for $80 was very overpriced to be sat in a busy bar eatin gand average club bistro style meal.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

We were told by a chef friend from Noosa to dine at the Healesville Hotel while in Healesville. And I am so thankful. We chose to eat in the garden out the back, where you can sit on wooden tables under beautiful shady trees and watch the birds flit around. It was a warm night and a pleasure to enjoy the temperature and be in open air. My husband chose Pumpkin and Spinach Ravioli ($24) and I had Salmon ($28). It took some time to arrive but sooooo worth the wait. My husband said the pasta was delicious, and as for me, it was the best salmon I have had IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. I asked for salad instead of tabouleh (as I'm wheat intolerant) and they obliged with a deliciously simple salad that complimented the fish beautifully. Meal sizes are such that you will still have a little room for dessert. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

My Husband was so excited with the idea of an enormous piece of meat that it was scary! However, it turned out to be an exceptionally delicious and perfectly cooked steak to share. When he coyly asked if it was OK to pick up the bone and chew it, I thought it would be an insult not to! The sommelier had a quiet night and was very happy to let the excited carnivores try some exceptional wine. What fun!!