“Paramparaa: Impeccable Presentation!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The food is incredible, and we've eaten here every time we've passed through Healesville -never disappointed.
The service is efficient, polite and friendly.
The atmosphere is wonderful, decor is unique and the ambience is worth the visit itself!
In terms of price, the food's great value. Portions are very satisfying.

1  Thank Saskia W

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is a fabulous Indian restaurant right in the middle of Healesville. It has lovely owners and staff who really care and look to help you select the right food.
You can have food mild, hot or "Indian Hot" - we usually go for the hot.
The food is brilliant and one of the best Indian restaurants we have been to in Australia and Indian is our favourite (together withy Italian).
The decor is very welcoming when inside. The outside could do with a little repair work and maintenance but don't let that put you off.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We ordered the family pack, and we were very surprised and delighted and the value! The best butter chicken I have ever eaten, and all very, very good.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

My wife and I went here in late Jan 2014 after deciding to have dinner in Healesville and looking up restaurants on TripAdvisor. We were there on a Saturday night and even without a reservation they seated us immediately, albeit in a section that felt quite disconnected from the brighter, buzzier part of the restaurant.

One of the starters - an Onion Bhaji was very different to what we expected. When one thinks of such an item, I would guess that pretty much everyone would think of the same balls of deep-fried chickpea and onions. Not this - it was more like onion rings with very little chickpea to it. I cannot understand why a restaurant would decide to change such a staple of Indian restaurant cuisine. My wife tried it but because the taste and texture were so different it didn't work for for her at all. We did have a chat to the staff about it and they were very gracious and the dish didn't appear on the bill. The Tandoori Mushrooms that I'd ordered were fantastic and the same as I've had elsewhere.

Unfortunately there was more disappointment when the mains arrived. This time my wife's meal was excellent while mine was a let down. I'd ordered the Chilli Chicken and it's offered 'from mild to hot'. I'd ordered hot but my dish was anything but. I struggled to taste any chilli at all. That said, it was enjoyable as it was and I didn't send it back or mention it until after I'd finished it. I should have told someone about it and give them the chance to rectify the issue but didn't as it tasted fine as it was.

The staff were very attentive and our water glasses were always full. The price for 3 alcoholic drinks, the one entree and 2 main meals was around $70.

I'd be willing to give them another chance if we find ourselves in Healesville for dinner again.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

As a Brit, I know curry - and what it served in most 'Indians' in Australia is an embarrassment to the name - the use of pepper to increase 'spice', for example - just creates a mess. HOWEVER, this restaurant was a breath of fresh air.

The food was fresh, vibrant, and for the most part, was what it was supposed to be - i.e. a pakora WAS a pakora, amazing! Highly recommend this restaurant to any Brits or even Aussies looking for a real curry, as opposed to the usual dross. PS: Bear in mind that as these are 'authentic' curries, the spice levels are real - i.e. dont get what you normally have, as its likely to blow your head off.

4  Thank vcolonel