“Support your RSL”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Good food and great service. Had to wait for our food, but the restaurant was full of families. Good value, even had gluten free options.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

The RSL has been up and down in the food stakes in recent years, with some really good food and at times some very average food. I'd check any recent reviews for a guide as you can't be sure. We also had a bad experience a few years ago when we specifically asked them to make sure there were NO nuts in one of the pasta meals and it came loaded with cashews or peanuts ground up into the sauce........not happy Jan and potentially very dangerous as our daugher has a nut allergy. They seemed totally unswitched on to this so that put us off for a long time. Our more recent visit was OK, hence the average rating.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

The food here is typical RSL fare and as such it's pretty reasonable - and at around $20 for a main course, so are the prices. But my lasting memory of the Healesville RSL is the sullen and gloomy staff they employ - it was like I'd stumbled into a funeral.
I spoke to 3 different staff-members (and one manager) the night I was there and not one of them showed any warmth or appreciation: No pleasantries, no thanks, no smiles... in fact they barely looked at me. Why? Don't they know it's me (and customers like me) who pay their wages?
Maybe I just got them on a bad night, but if my experience was typical, then I suspect we'll soon see another sub-branch closure.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

Last time I ate there there was plent of food and it was very nice but this time it was twice the price for half the food and didnt even taste that good they must have changed chefs

Reviewed 9 March 2013

It must have been the chefs night off, my husband and I had both had roast lamb, the meat was kind of stewed with very watery tasteless gravy and the potatoes were not roasted, they were just small and probably microwaved, the other vegetables were a bit of a jumbled mess not what I would call a roast at all.