“Getting better all the time”
Review of Healesville RSL

Healesville RSL
Ranked #18 of 51 Restaurants in Healesville
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2014

There have been a few changes at the RSL and all good. The bistro has been revamped and is much more appealing than before. Before the food was hit & miss but that has vastly improved & we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Staff are friendly and helpful and prices are reasonable. Good area for children as well.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Just had a meal with 8 family members what a terrible meal 4 of us had parmies terribly expensive over cooked thin dry almost in edible seniors meal fish and chips fish was more like tadpole the chips were longer than the meagre lone piece of tadpole overall 7 out of 8 meals were total crap but one was good risotto thank god the chef knows how to cook something

Reviewed 26 May 2014

A number of our guests and ourselves have taken advantage of the RSL free bus pick up and drop off on Friday an Saturday nights.

We have found from our own experience and feedback from our guests that since the upgrade to the bistro and lounge area, the quality of service has moved from good to very good, kids are well looked after not only with their own menu items, but a small gift pack to help keep them amused plus the small indoor play area.

The new menu has a great range of items and we have never faulted the quality of the food or the portion size. Great place for a feed for both local or visitor.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We had a roast of the day here it was not very nice and the plate still had glad rap on the base so Offaly they microwaved the hole thing it was cheap but crap !!!!

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here recently, more than once. So, I know the menu quite well. I enjoy my local RSL, it's well priced and it's not a small meal served. Always satisfied.

I read the previous review and beg the question to you, heart burn is usually caused by excessive acid in foods and also booze. The menu at the RSL has very little acidic foods on it. And vomiting, well, food related illness normally takes a few days to kick in. Perhaps you had a few little reds too many the night before.???

I'll be back to my local RSL again and again as I have never had a poor meal there.
For those that carry on and moan about prices of food......

"Remember that employees are entitled to a fair wage, just as you are in your employment..."