“Better than expected.”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Healesville
Sydney, Australia
“Better than expected.”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I spent one night at the Healesville Motor Inn and not sure what to expect.
Accommodation was great. Old fashioned but very clean . No restaurant but the club down the road was fantastic. Breakfast was delivered for you to have at your leisure in the morning. Great Linens on the bed.Much better than what I expected due to the reviews I has read.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
BaznShell, Manager at Healesville Motor Inn, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you Pam for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you decided to stay with us even after reading the recent reviews. Sometimes you just need to read between the lines and find out for yourself. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your night at the Club. We hope to see you again.

Regards

Managers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I stayed at this Motel last week and had a Restful and Peaceful break.I am so glad that I ignored the Negative Reviews as I found them to be completely unfounded.The room was spotlessly clean and very quiet. The Hosts were courteous,polite and helpful and paid attention to every aspect of detail necessary to provide good hospitality.The grounds were neat and tidy and in general the whole atmosphere was of a management waiting to provide a relaxing time for their guests.
Thank You.Muriel

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
BaznShell, Manager at Healesville Motor Inn, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you Muriel for taking the time to write an honest review. We are so glad that the previous reviews didn't deter you from staying with us. We do try our best to make ever guest feel welcome and comfortable. It just goes to show you that you can't believe everything that you read. We hope to see you again when you pass through.

With much appreciation
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We booked 7 rooms here for our bridal party and parents/family for our wedding night ~ feedback from every room was bad and that is very disappointing as we booked it for them we now feel like we got it very wrong!

In general the remarks about the motel were that it was good and clean but run by people who are very rude and not accommodating at all. We spent around $1000 to accommodate our families here on a Thursday night you would think the management would look after you.

The best man went to drop off his car at the hotel the day prior (happy to pay for this and was confirmed at time of booking) drove all the way from Melbourne and was told no way we cant do that meanwhile the car park was completely empty my partner (groom) had to argue with the guy for 10 mins just to be able to leave the car there which was confirmed months earlier.

When guests arrived they were surprised to be spread all over the motor and not kept together being a group (this could be due to the room types booked).

One room found a black spider in the bed
All rooms said dealing with the manager was unpleasant and he was very rude.
My grandmother had a family room and before 10am (checkout) they had all the bags ready out the front to go and everyone was dressed except my grandma and the manager was at the door trying to push her out she said to him that she would be ready by 10am and it was rude for him to already be at the door chasing people out as it wasn't 10am - he replied with "Well your a woman aren't you" implying she would take a long time to get ready! i can not believe a manager would speak to a paying guest like this and that he was chasing people out before checkout.

All in All im very disappointed and embarrassed i selected this place for my family and friends, if the manager wasn't so rude and would be more accommodating it could be a good place.

I myself work at a 4/12 star hotel in Melbourne and understand policies and procedures but if our managers acted and treated guest this way they wouldn't have a job. I couldn't believe this manager is so rude to his guests and word of mouth is the best return business and i have nothing nice to say.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Teanna H
BaznShell, Manager at Healesville Motor Inn, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review even though you yourself did not stay here. There was no argument about leaving the car only that we were not aware of any arrangement made to do so.
You are correct when you say your wedding guests were spread around due to the room types.
It is regrettable that someone found a spider and for that we apologise considering 4 weeks prior the rooms and exterior had been professionally sprayed which is done on a regular basis.
Due to your wedding being on a Thursday we did have other guests staying that night as well and it was unfortunate for them that your guests were rude enough to play music from a car and talk outside their rooms. We were woken up at 12.15AM by a phone call from one of these regular guests asking us to please ask them to be quiet so they could get some sleep. Another guest told us the next morning that he was woken at 2AM and they were still making noise.
While we were not "very chirpy" the next morning as one of your guests noted who would be when we have people stay who have a total disregard for others.

Healesville Motor Inn

Travellers are raving about these Healesville hotels

perth
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We had a horrible experience staying here recently. To begin we were very pleased with our rooms as we had booked a few and were happy with the rates we payed. We were staying for a wedding on a Saturday night along with 90% of the other tenants who booked accommodation for this event. I and my family were absolutely mortified to find out that 4 hours after we checked in and had left to go to the wedding the owners let themselves in to our room to 'SERVICE' the room and yet did nothing of the sort, we had showered before and left towels on the floor.. NOTHING in our room had been serviced what so ever and towels left where we put them, we have been accused of damage to the room which we are 1000% sure we didn't do, to my shock when we checked out I was informed of the damages BEFORE ANYONE HAD A CHANCE TO VIEW THE ROOM IN THE MORNING. I was absolutely gob smacked!

Im not even sure if the accommodation supplies safes to store you valuables in, I had left my hand bag out and all my jewellery on the bed! WHY WERE THEY IN OUR ROOM? we left at 4 in the afternoon who services rooms 3 hours after check in and between 4-8PM?? I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE, I felt sick at the thought of some one snooping through my things. it was a little to sinister for my liking.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank unhappy j
BaznShell, Manager at Healesville Motor Inn, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
What a ridiculous statement to make; only a fool would leave valuables in a public car park.

When we have a group stay especially for a wedding we find that they like to have "drinks & nibbles" prior to leaving for their wedding. As a service to these guests we like to remove any empty bottles & cans from the room and empty their rubbish from the bins this makes the room tidier for when they return. In the colder months we will turn the heaters on as it does get very cold at night here. Often we find irons & hair straighteners left on by accident which if not discovered could cause a fire. We do not touch beds at all especially not if there are personal items on them. To suggest that we snooped through your bag or that we are sinister people is a fabrication of your over active imagination. We couldn't care less what's in your bag.

There was no need to view the room the morning you left as we were already aware that the mirror had been broken when you removed it from the wall and placed it in the bathroom.

You state that you were happy with the room & the rates & yet you gave us a 1 which is a contradiction.

Your room tip was "go elsewhere" which is not that easy in Healesville but my tip for other accommodation providers would be "don't accommodate you".

You review has however generated 2 bookings from previous guests who returned worried about what had happened and wanted to hear our side of the story; so thank you.

It's amazing how when someone does something wrong they try to turn it around and blame someone other than themselves.

Barry & Shelley McMullen
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Due to last minute changes in travel plans, I had to book an accommodation in Yarra Valley two days before my travelling day, and I was lucky to have found this precious gem! I booked the room through phone and was glad to know that the owner was able to provide me with sufficient information with a reasonable rate. The front desk was also opened till 9pm, which is quite late and convenient for us travellers, who might have been held up on the road. Upon arrival, we were given a complimentary glass of milk, and were also happy to see that the room was spacious and clean. That was the most important factor to me. The heater worked well and the owners were happy to help to explain on how to operate the heater. The furnishing was clean and the surroundings were serene as well. It is also just a short drive into town to grab some food. Driving to some of the famous wineries in Yarra Valley such as Domaine Chandon or Giant Steps/Innocent Bystanders was also easy.

I would also like to specially thank the owners for selflessly lending us a handheld vacuum cleaner upon our request, as we needed to clean up our rented car interior before returning the car the next day. The vacuum cleaner helped us a great deal and I am very happy with the owners being patient with our requests and queries.

Will definitely recommend this place to anyone who is visiting yarra valley and looking for clean and comfortable accommodation!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2013

No complaints in regards to this motel; comfortable beds, OK shower and hot water, electric blankets on some of the beds (but not all), friendly and helpful front office, quite a good playground and lawn area for the kids to burn off some steam. It's not close to the 'trendy' part of Healsville, and the price per room is pretty steep ($170/room, extra charge for WiFi), but it's clean and quite, which at the end of the day is the main thing!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Wodonga, Australia
Reviewed 20 January 2013

We brought a group of 12 and stayed for a week in January 2013. The rooms were very clean and the showers fantastic. The managers were very friendly and very willing to make our stay comfortable. I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: All the rooms we had were clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PaulinesReview
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healesville
Oscar's on the Yarra
#2 of 3 in Healesville
Maroondah View Motel
Maroondah View Motel
#3 of 3 in Healesville

Been to Healesville Motor Inn? Share your experiences!